"Maybe it's personal." I replied, turning to leave.

"Please, Arielle, just come by the office tomorrow and see for yourself."

I sighed and nodded. "Fine." I hadn't been to the office for a bit anyways since I was busy with the gang, school, ...and Isabelle. Then, I walked off before she could keep me any longer. I couldn't help the thoughts that began to plague my mind. How well did I really know Chase? How did he get all of this information? I tried my best not to overthink the situation. If I started questioning Chase's motives now, I would get distracted.

When I arrived at the place that we had agreed to meet, I scanned the area for Trey, but he was nowhere in sight. About five minutes later, right as I was about to text him, he appeared, but he wasn't alone. He was followed by two girls. I didn't recognize them, but they looked about three years older than me.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he said something to them before they both walked off. "What was that?" I couldn't contain my curiosity as he walked over to me.

He just shrugged and avoided the question. "Alright, you good?"

"I'm ready."

"Rex and Justin are coming too. They're waiting in the car." I nodded and began to follow him.

We silently walked to the parking lot. Rex was sitting in the backseat and an unfamiliar guy, whom I assumed was Justin, occupied the passenger's seat.

He glared at Trey the minute I entered the car and spoke in a highly frustrated tone. "You know the rules, Alexander, we can't take any of your girls, no matter how "trustworthy" they are."

Trey rolled his eyes. "She's with us, Matthews. Boss' orders."

"He's lost his mind."

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't beat your ass." I snarled angrily.

He turned to glare at me. "Watch your tone, kid. Girls like your type don't belong with us. You don't know what you're getting into."

"Yeah? How many times have I heard that?" I fumed.

"Calm down, Justin." Rex muttered. "Remember how I mentioned that the cops caught up to us last week? She helped throw them off."

"How d'you know she's didn't tip them off just to play hero?"

"You want a fight? I'll give it to you-"

"Shut the f*ck up! The next person to say another word on this can get out of my car." Trey glared at the both of us.

When the atmosphere had calmed down a bit, I finally decided to ask. "What exactly are we doing?"

Silence.

"Okay then..." I muttered awkwardly.

"We're going to the warehouse to pick up some stock."

"Are we doing an exchange again?"

"No, we're just picking up stock this time. We need to look it over and do a quality check for the boss." I felt relieved that it didn't appear to be anything too dangerous that we were doing.

"If you mess up, know that there's 20k at stake here." Justin growled nastily.

"Take your own advice, Matthews."

"Sh*thead."

"I told you both to shut up." Trey growled warningly at both of us. "She knows what to do, Justin."

We drove to the warehouse in silence, but I sent daggers at the back of Justin's head for the entirety of the ride. As we exited the car, I saw that we had driven to a secluded area by the docks. To the left, I noticed a series of buildings, but to my surprise, they didn't look sketchy or run down. On the other hand, they appeared to be quite well-maintained.