"Of course, thank you. Good evening Lady Reyli," Ian said as he handed the keys to Roland and Ban and pocketed one before heading to the bay of floortals.

"It's Lirey," She corrected with a smile on her lips. She must be used to people confusing her with her sister by now.

......

They all gathered in Ban's room to discuss the next steps. Roland moved over to the small dining area and pulled out one of the two chairs to seat himself. The other he kicked out towards Ian while Ban took the bed.

"Roland, you have been quiet since we got here. Which means you are planning something." Ban said, it wasn't a question. He knew his friend and when Roland was quiet it meant that massive mind of his was working on a problem. Though his solutions were not always legitimate or safe, but something grand for certain.

"Of course," Roland said stirring from his thoughts, "I'm thinking about the problems we face. Getting Ian home. Which leaves the Star Chart. We have to get it. And whatever the Court is planning that they needed to rip Ian from his home..." Roland's violet eyes settled on Ian, "Well we cannot allow him to be captured. I don't understand what makes Ian so important to them. You aren't powerful. You aren't exceptional in any way." He hastily continued as Ian's expression changed into a scowl, "Perhaps they are planning an invasion of your home? Maybe a rare resource or magic in your homeland, or something unique in your blood?" Musing out loud the mage soon lapsed into silence as he followed his train of thought.

"Our course of action is obvious," Ban said, shaking his head and carried on, knowing he only had a fraction of Roland's attention at best, "We must reclaim the Star Chart as soon as possible. The longer we wait the greater the risk of the Court figuring out our goal and bolstering their defenses." He grabbed a decorative pillow from the bed and hurled it straight at the distracted mage's head. "I am assuming that in your studies, you have determined a way to send him back home?"

"Yes. There are several spells that can do the job." Roland said offhandedly, his eyes still piercing into Ian.

Ian leaned back in his seat, suddenly feeling very much like a lab experiment under the mages gaze. "Then our goal remains the same. We follow The Seer's original guidance and search Justiciar Law for the Star Chart. Or at least a clue as to where it is being kept," Ian turned to Ban, "Since you're the inside man, how do we accomplish that? What kind of security do they have?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Ban said, bringing up a hand to idly stoke his horns, "Beyond the main lobby guard and the offices belonging to lawyours, I've not seen anything. It would be foolhardy for a thief to break into a lawyour office. Not a lot in the way of valuables, besides the armor and weapons. And a lawyour would gladly reclaim them to wield against you in trial. Regardless we should head straight for the Partner offices, which is on the floor above where you met Dakon DeBarro. No one goes up there, ever. So it would make sense that the most valuable items are stored there."

"Do you think they're aware of you?" Ian asked.

"The Court operates in secret as does someone in my position, so it's possible," Ban said with a dismissive shrug. "But it isn't likely they haven't alerted the office. What are they going to say? A Custodian of Peace is coming to arrest us, protect me? They'd be laughed at, manacled, and handed over. Honestly, I was amazed they created such a spectacle with the fires, and then brazenly attempted to grab you from the streets. Not their usual style which means they're desperate. Worst case I've been fired for non-report, which still means I can go in to collect my things."

"That's our story if anyone tries to stop us then. Anything special about the Partner area that we need to know?" Ian asked.

"Magical locks. They will only open for one of the Partners, and only if they are not in distress. Which will be our main problem." Ban said, launching a pillow at Roland, "You have any creative solutions for that problem, Roland?" Ban asked as the pillow slapped the mage.

"Yes," Roland said, ignoring the pillow, "Get a Backpedal Box like any respectable thief would use. Turn time back on the affected area to the last moment that a Partner entered. Even the wolf could manage that. Ian, I wonder if I might have a sample of your hair?"

"Umm... sure?" Ian said, a tone of uncertainty in his voice.

Roland pulled out a knife from the depths of his robe and leaned over to cut a blonde lock from Ian's hair. He got up, stuffed the hair into a vial, pulled from his seemingly bottomless robe pocket, and made his way out of the room.

"I guess we're done for now?" Ian got up from his seat and headed for the door. "We should figure out the specifics with Vale anyways."

"Do you still think she'll still come with us? So soon after her..." Ban called after him.

"She wouldn't trust my clumsy ass to fulfill her Uncle's last request, now would she?" Ian said, exiting the room before Ban could respond.