Chapter 2 - Santa Claus Imposter

Start from the beginning

"Do you want one to happen every night?" Arnya asked rolling her wheelchair beside him.

"Nah, it's a good thing that nothing is—!" Vincent responded naturally before freezing. He turned to the side to see Arnya wheeling beside him.

"Vincent? What's wrong?" she asked.

"H—how did you get up here?" Vincent spluttered.

"How? Just like you, I climbed," she stated.

"But you have a—you know what, forget it," Vincent scratched his head in frustration.

"She's a vampire, of course, she can get up here even if she is a wheelchair," Vincent thought glumly as he continued walking.

"So do you do this every night?" she asks as she followed from behind.

"Yeah, I do," Vincent replied before stopping at a ledge and taking a seat, "I see something bad and I try to stop it. Either call the police or do it myself."

"That sounds a little too casual don't you think?" Arnya asks.

"I guess so," Vincent chuckled as he looked over the whole of London under the night. The two of them were silent for a bit, "hey Arnya, are you able to answer a few questions of mine?"

"Go ahead."

"What kind of person is Dracula?" he asked.

"What type of person is father?" Arnya looked thoughtful for a moment, "I don't know."

"Wait, you don't know your own father?" Vincent turned around and looked incredulously at Arnya who shrugged.

"The number of times I've spoken with him must be around ten or so," Arnya's voice didn't change it's tone, as if she was speaking of something trivial, "I guess he simply didn't think I was worth it."

She then noticed Vincent's sad gaze and waved her hand, "Don't worry about me, I've gotten used to it."

"Doesn't mean it's right," Vincent said, "a father shouldn't neglect their children like that. It's not right."

Arnya merely blinked before looking away, "I only had Axel to keep me company. All the other servants would just do their jobs, they would never talk to me."

Vincent just let out a breath of frustration before getting up. He started walking towards another building with Arnya following behind.

"So I really am one of the first people you've actually talked to?" Vincent asked without turning around. He jumped and caught hold of a ladder which he used to climb to the roof of another building. He then turned to see Arnya casually wheeling herself up the wall. Vincent couldn't help but feel resigned, "I've seen weirder things before," he thought.

"Yes," she nodded as she made it to the roof. There was an awkward silence, at least for Vincent. He didn't know what to say or ask next.

"By the way," Arnya merely tilted her head, "how long are you staying with me?"

"Until you've become Dracula, or Father ordering me to stop, or perhaps you or me dying, who knows?" she answered.

"Since I don't plan on becoming Dracula and no plans for dying, you're most likely going to stay with me for a long time eh?" Arnya nodded, "Well, in that case, call me Vince."

"Vince?" she looked confused. Vincent turned and gave her a wry smile.

"Yeah, all my friends call me that," Vincent explained, "think of it as a nickname of sorts."

"Friends?" Arnya said making Vincent stop in his tracks, "Are we friends?"

Vincent thought for a moment, "You aim a gun at me, played with my character to let you stay at my house and you're the daughter of Dracula, someone who wants me to become king despite my reluctance. You tell me, are we or can we become friends?"