Pickup

It had been a good week and a half since Gavin had been stabbed and the healing process had been great thus far. However, he was still in a large amount of pain and required much more time to heal in order to get back to working like normal. Detectives had to be quick on their feet if they wanted to solve cases to the best of their abilities, after all.

He had been discharged from the hospital earlier that day and had been advised to have a friend or family member assist him around the house for the time being. The doctor said that rest was essential in order for him to heal quicker so having someone else help him would be ideal. Reed took the doctor's word for it but didn't plan on asking anyone for help. He could take care of himself — or at-least that's what he told himself.

RK900 waited outside in Gavin's car, ready to pick him up in order to take him back to his apartment. It was an exchange Gavin had been dreading ever since he had been informed that he was able to leave that day. Tina and RK900 had been the only ones to visit him in the hospital but on this day, Tina was busy with work which left him with no other option than to accept the android's offer to take him home.

Gavin approaches the car and reaches for the passenger door handle - when he grabs it and tugs, he realizes that the door is locked so he gives it an aggressive jiggle before peering into the window to glare at the android behind the wheel. RK900 appears rather amused with himself at this. He knows what he's done and he'd done it intentionally.

After spending some time with the detective, RK900 was finding himself picking up on some of his mannerisms. He found joy is teasing Gavin just for an amusing reaction the same way he would do him. He couldn't help but notice that he'd gained a little attitude and couldn't help himself when a snarky remark would escape him in response to something he'd otherwise ignore — it was like he was developing his own personality. Just like he hoped he would. And it was all thanks to Gavin.

Richard caves and unlocks the door, allowing Gavin to get in. The man grumpily slides inside, arms folded over his chest and his brows furrowed as he glares off to the side. "You're a dick...." He mutters.

"I'd prefer it if you called me Richard." RK900 retorts, pretending as though he hadn't picked up on the fact that the word Gavin used so often was an insult by now.

Gavin just rolls his eyes. "Just fuckin' take me home already, would ya?!"

"I'm not going anywhere until you buckle yourself in. It's against the law to drive around without a seatbelt, Gavin."

"Don't fuckin' tell me what to do!" Reed snaps at him, lips curling in annoyance. After a moment of making extremely intense eye contact with the android who didn't blink once, he relents and quickly buckled himself in, cursing under his breath the whole time. The brunette leans against the car door and stares out the window, wanting to do anything at this point other than look at the fucking robot driving his car.

Bastard.

This was the worst! The stupid thing had to gull to make itself his partner and work it's way into his life at some sick attempt to get Gavin to soften up!? That's what it was doing, right?? What other possible reason would it have to stick around, set aside for the fact that they were assigned partners at this point. He still couldn't believe Fowler trusted this thing outside of a cage.

"You're quiet." Says Richard after a good ten minutes into their drive. He keeps his eyes on the road.

Gavin remains quiet, even grumpier now that he'd been pulled out of his thoughts. Couldn't that asshole see that he was busy seething?! About what a stupid fucking machine RK900 was...piece of trash. Gavin doesn't realize it but he ends up scoffing aloud when he concludes this thought, earning a curious look from the android.