CHAPTER 58: THE PRIMA-COLLOQUIUM

The nerve of this guy to go back to SGA and spread lies about their demise in the Garden. Luke wanted to punch him so hard right now.

But watching his lies and false persona crumble like an ugly statue was just as satisfying.

"Yeah, we survived," Luke addressed the council but directed his attention at Victor. "After you left us there and escaped with the fruit from the Garden."

"You got it all wrong," Victor's sweat was visible through his overalls made of stone.

"If I recall you correctly," Dean Kay spoke with a heavy British accent. "You claimed that they were dead and that there was no possibility of them coming back."

"This Prima-Colloquium requires all statements spoken in this chamber to be truthful," the woman sitting behind House Michael spoke with an air of superiority that left Luke shaking.

"Leave it to the boys to lie," the lady representing House Orifiel whispered to her colleague.

The boys were shifting in their seats as if this betrayal set them back in a veiled competition between the boys and girls that were segregated at SGA.

But Victor wasn't done. "Easy to blame me for leaving, but it appears you did the same. Where's Nil?"

The Council looked to Luke for a response, but it was a touchy subject. "I tried to stop him from leaving, but an angel dressed in black took him."

"Took him?" the leader in the diamond tiara from House Anael spoke.

Luke nodded. The Deans looked at each other with grave looks on their faces as if the grim reaper had passed in front of them.

"You allowed one meager man dressed up in wings to steal a child from our school?" The female leader of House Raguel accused him.

"He wasn't a meager man, he was Lucifer and he had an army behind him."

"We shall table this discussion for another time," Dean Ammon interrupted by clearing his throat. "We will note for the record that Nil is not dead but lost."

"I concur, we have more immediate issues of betrayal to attend to," Dean Kay spoke. Once the deans laid down the law it was settled, although the women were disgruntled at the tabling of such an important matter as losing a student to the enemy. But how could Dean Ammon know that Nil was okay in the hands of the archenemy of God? The Dean knew more than he was letting on.

Victor meanwhile knew the gig was up. The Dean turned to him. "Any final lies?"

Victor croaked, "Alpheus..." And Alpha appeared as if from nowhere and gave the girls a fright. The leader of House Michael had her hand on the hilt of her sword until Dean Ammon calmed them down.

With nothing left to say, Dean Ammon ordered guards dressed in winter camouflage to escort Victor to the cells and Luke knew all too well how crazy JUG could be. The Dean looked like he could keep Victor there for a long time until he sorted through this mess.

But Victor would not go without a fight. Behind him the wall to the courtroom started to shake. Rocks and stone collapsed to the ground exposing the setting sun on the first day of spring.

A hand of stone grabbed him and pulled him out towards the open then surrounded him in a fist that cracked and unveiled a suit made of stone and steel, interwoven seemly like a durable fabric. His hair and skin were blond and white revealing to the council that he had in fact betrayed SGA. He reached his right hand towards the scar hiding behind his neck, coating his hand in a black substance. He then planted his palm towards the ground.