CHAPTER 27: LIGHTNING RAGE

Victor was quick to blind Luke. He launched one of the pellets he had taken from the armory and it created a smoke screen that enshrouded Luke.

Luke was freaking out. Not knowing where Victor could attack from made him paranoid, and he swung his shield around all corners.

Then Luke heard a fwoosh sound as if something large and heavy was traveling towards him. Something in his gut told him to duck ASAP. Lucky Luke listened to it because soaring over his head was a rock the size of a baby carriage. He heard it crack against a wall behind him.

I need to get out of this smoke, Luke thought. He started moving forward with his shield up. He heard another fwoosh coming from his left and he rolled forward to avoid it.

How did he get around to my left already? Luke thought. Then he tried remembering what house Victor belonged to. The anvil and the forge symbol on Victor's armor didn't give him any hints.

But since the next rock came soaring from his right, he thought this guy was from House Gabriel and could teleport objects short distances like Jordan can.

After rolling out of the way of this rock, he emerged out of the cloud and into full view of the stadium. It was like emerging from a cave. Hundreds of fingers pointed at him as if they were playing I spy a dead body, but were disappointed when it was moving.

Victor was still standing where he had started and didn't move at all. He stomped his foot in the ground and lifted his hands up as if he were carrying a heavy package. He thrust his hands forward and Luke heard another fwoosh from behind. He ducked just in time from suffering permanent brain damage.

The stone that soared over his head lost momentum mid-way as Victor stopped it in its tracks and pushed it forward again. Like a pendulum, the rock swung right back towards Luke.

Luke rolled aside to dodge it and was starting to get annoyed. Each time he rolled, he risked stabbing himself with his own sword, as it wasn't already difficult enough to tumble around with a heavy sword and shield. This time he had nicked a piece of hair. Next time it might be a piece of his ear.

The rock swung around and started chasing after Luke.

That's when Luke thought, why not lead the rock to Victor, whom he has already figured out was controlling this stone. That means he was a member of House Raguel, elemental angel of earth.

Luke rushed towards Victor and eventually he'd have to let down his manipulation of the stone to defend himself.

But Luke seriously underestimated Victor's skills.

With his left food, he stomped and split the sand beneath him, and a stone wall rose from the ground. Victor had shielded himself from attack, and Luke had no option but to duck again and wait for the boulder to shatter against the rock wall ahead.

As both the rock and wall crumbled, it revealed Victor's sweaty face. "Little snot, you should be bug juice already." The way Victor spoke there, the anger in his voice, it was as if he spoke with a German accent.

At this time, all the eyes in the arena were on the fight. Great—Luke had a captivated audience to watch him fail.

"All I need is one hit," Victor said. "One hit and the fight will be over. No more running, no more cowering." Then he whispered something that only Luke was able to catch. "No more prophecy."

Red flags went off. This guy is trying to kill me.

"Uh, timeout," Luke said trying to call timeout with his hands.