Epilogue

I get into my mom's living room following the sound of laughter. My mom had really outdone herself this year, there is not a place without Christmas decoration.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask handing Cora the bowl full of chips.

"Nothing." Aeson answers quickly, pulling me to sit on his lap on the couch.

"We are talking about New Years Eve," Dylan begins earning a threatening look from Aeson. "Cora just told us that her mom is planning a karaoke party and we are going to sing a duet. I think you should too."

I turn my face to Aeson already smiling but he has not a very enthusiastic expression.

"That would be so cute."

He roll his eyes and I can hear Dylan laughing of his friend's distress.

"But I know you. I know that you are going to make me sing some Disney Prince stuff. Or worse!"

I enlace his neck caressing it with my nails, knowing how he loves the feeling. "We can be Aladdin and princess Jasmine."

He shakes his head. "No, please."

"You will have to wear those weird pants." I continue, Dylan and Cora laughing beside us.

"Stop..."

"You'll look adorable." Cora mocks.

I turn to her knowing she is ready to go along with whatever I say. "Do you think we can find a costume that'll fit him?"

Aeson widen his eyes.

"Sure we can." She answers. "I know a place."

"Hey, I think we are taking this too far. Let's end it at the weird hat, what do you think?" Cora can't keep her straight face making me laugh along. "What? I'm serious."

I can't stand the cute puzzled look on his face. I lean forward to place a quick kiss on his mouth.

"As much as I appreciate you willing to go through all that, I'm just kidding." He sighs dramatically. "I still want to sing but I'll let you choose what we will be performing."

He grins at me. "Did you hear, Dylan?" He asks without averting his gaze from mine. "She'll let me choose."

"Don't get any ideas, babe, is not going to happen." Was Cora's only answer to Dylan's pleading look.

I don't mind their bickering as Aeson pulls me for a kiss. It doesn't matter how many times our lips meet I always get butterflies on my stomach.

We are interrupted by the doorbell.

"Emilia, can you answer it, please?" My mom shouts from the kitchen.

"Sure!"

Aeson kisses my cheek before letting me go and I walk smiling towards the door.

I open it to find my dad carrying a big cake.

"Merry Christmas!" He greets.

My smile only widens as I give him a hug and take the cake from his hand. We both walk to the living room to leave the cake on the table. Mom is already putting the last plate of food on there.

"Mom, dad is here."

She raises her head with a polite smile. "Hello, Daniel."

"Margareth." He nods in greeting.

There is still a bit of tension between them but they try to hide it whenever I am around.

"Are we waiting someone else, Emilia?" My mom asks as my friends approach the table.

Aeson shakes my dad's hand in respect before come to stand beside me, one arm snaking around my waist.

"No, that's everyone."

"Oh, what about Leo?"

I chuckle, after my mom had met him she was always asking about him. She thought he was a golden boy.

"He's having dinner at his girlfriend's." I exchanged an amused look with Cora.

Leo has finally settled down, with Jane, Cora's roommate, of all people. We were really surprised.

How it is a small world.

Now he is always with her, but I can understand him, he is in love. I look up at Aeson smiling.

He only squeezes my waist discreetly, he gets all nervous when my dad is around. I think it's cute. I quickly give him a peck on the cheek that makes him blush and look over to my father to see if he has noticed, he always does, he is always looking threateningly at Aeson. He gulps in worry.

Awn. My frightened musician.

"Okay then," my mom announces to the people eyeing her food with great interest, "let's eat."

A/N:
Please, please, read the acknowledgements for a special thanks and information about my NEW BOOK