Chp.11 - What? Talk?

Aeson gets up and extends his hand for me. "Can we talk?" He repeats.

I look at his hand with my eyebrows raised. "I can, can you?" The words come sharper than intended, but I don't regret it.

He takes a step back retreating his hanging arm. "Somewhere else, ok?" He shifts on his feet looking around.

I follow his gaze to notice all the others' gaping looks.

"Sure. But just because I really need to pee." I add quickly when he moves to help me.

I am not a baby. I can do it on my own.

I manage to walk until the living room but I stumble on my foot on my way to the bathroom. Aeson, that followed me closely, holds me by the waist to stop me from kissing the floor.

Jesus, can I stop stumbling already? At least this time I can blame it on the alcohol.

"I got it." I push his hands away and practically run the remaining distance to the bathroom, locking myself in the safety inside.

Mrs Moore, I mean Patricia, was extravagant in every way, and her guests bathroom could not have been forgotten. It was all black and white with golden details, just like her living room. All would be beautiful if it wasn't for the reflexion on the mirror. A girl with her hair damp and full of knots, her checks flustered, and eyes out of focus. The image startles me. I turn the golden faucet on to splash some water on my face. It doesn't help much.

I didn't really need to go to the bathroom, I just wanted to put off the inevitable. This conversation is sure on the top five awkward situations I would like to avoid.

"Ugh. Why do I have to be so stupid?" I sigh loudly.

Suddenly my reflex starts moving on its own, it hits its hands hard on the mirror like it is a glass wall between us.

Just go have the damm conversation! It shouts.

I blink once. Twice.

I shake my head and look at the mirror again, the reflex was back to doing what it is supposed to do, mimic exactly what I do. I move my right arm and wave it, the same happens to the image in front of me.

Okay... what was on that drink?

I lean forward, my own brown eyes looking back at me, studying me. I raise one eyebrow, the reflex raises one in answer.

Did I stutter? I jump backwards when it speaks again, knocking the soap thingy on the floor. I quickly squat to pick it up and end up hitting my forehead, just above my left eyebrow. I can barely focus on the slight pain as my reflex addresses me again. Stop being an hypocrite. You are just as much of a coward as he is. She points to the bathroom door.

Beside the whole illogical situation, I was making a lot of sense.

"You are right. I am mad at him because he didn't want to talk to me yesterday, and now that he wants to do so, I am avoiding him!" The reflex just crosses its arms and nods like I am finally coming to my senses. "I am going right there and we are going to talk!" I hit my hand on the sink to make my point and turn to the door.

I am ready.

I swing it open all sure of what I have to do and meet Aeson just outside with his hand lifted, ready to knock.

"You. Me." I point between us. "Talk. Now."

I take the pulse of his hanging hand and pull him towards the kitchen, where we can talk without any spying eyes.

I stop in front of the kitchen island and motion towards one of the stools. "Sit." Aeson is too surprised by my tone to argue. "We need to address the elephant in the kissing, I mean, room..." I begin as Aeson frown at a point in my forehead.