Chp.4 - What's Up @

As I suspected, Aeson's pretty face hunted me the whole week and frustratingly made a certain history assignment take longer than it should. It happened faster than I thought. It's college, I'm not naive enough to believe that I wouldn't have a crush, but I was thinking it would be more similar to high school. Like that crush in English class, the boy who is just way too good looking and you can't help but fall in love. The thing with these crushes is that you only fall in love with the person you imagine he or she is because you never actually talked to them. That's why this thing with Aeson is even scarier, because I never thought it would be with someone so close, yet so distant.

I tried to deny my feelings, it lasted until Thursday. It got a little more difficult as social media made its work of deluding me when @meyeraeson asked to follow me. His Instagram had rare pictures of him, it was basically composed of videos of him playing and singing. He wasn't lying when he said he was good on the piano, by far the most present instrument on his profile. Yes, I shamefully stalked him. Sadly enough, that's when I realized how screwed I was and was the most that I saw him all week, no matter how much excited I was with the possibility of seeing him in Cora and Ian's house when she invited me to hang out. I'll admit I even went as far as posting a pic in my stories where you could clearly see me standing in Cora's fancy backyard. There is a pretty cool pool out there that anyone who has been at least once to the Moore's house will recognize. I know, I know, Yikes!

Mrs. Moore was a beautiful woman in her fifties that insisted on being called Patricia. She was so tall with her heels that I had to tilt my head back to talk to her, and how the woman could talk. She hugged me when Cora introduced us and almost didn't let me leave the living room with her conversation (more like a monologue as I just smiled and shook my head when necessary while she did all the talking). She was very kind, though, and even made us dinner. I've never eaten so much stuff that I didn't know what it was but I guess it's part of the experience.

"Don't ask, just eat." Leo whispers beside me on the Moore's dining table.

Mr. Moore, a man of very few words (maybe that's why he and Patricia ended up together), seemed a pro in the subject. He hardly looked at the funny-looking substance in his plate. Not meaning to complain with a full stomach, but no wonder Cora is so thin.

"It's delicious, Mrs. Moore." Dylan comments even though he has hardly touched his food.

Cora had told me that after knowing his relationship to her daughter, Patricia had taken some privileges from Dylan, including calling her Patricia and (Cora suspected) made food more gruesome when he was around. Patricia was quite the character, but Dylan never gave up on going back to her good graces.

"Hm." Patricia gives him a tight smile and quickly looks away. "So, Leo, how is Pre-med?"

Leo gulps his food down and opens a charming smile. "Well, it's tough but satisfying."

"Yes, Pre-med it's not an easy path." She kindly answers.

"I at least can say that I'm doing better than Camilla."

"Don't say that in front of her, she's a jealous one."

"Mom." Ian reproaches.

Patricia rolls her eyes. "You know I don't like that one. She goes everywhere with her chin high like she owns the place and has that disgusted face like her stomach hurts. Oh, darling, do you want some more?" She asks Leo who has his plate all clean. She doesn't wait for him to answer and is already filling it with food. "Leo, on the other hand, is a nice and studious boy, a gentleman." She pinchs his cheeks.

I have to bury my face in my lemonade to avoid laughing scandalously. I can't believe Leo is the parent charmer of the group. The sudden movement attracts Patricia's attention.