upside down [peter parker]

Bắt đầu từ đầu

You weren't sure if Peter was sending you a sign, but the message you received was hurting your feelings. So, with that, you kept yourself busy on purpose to try to forget him and your heartfelt friendship. Instead of hanging around your apartment, you would walk to the local library after school. It wasn't the best place to be, but being there helped you concentrate on your school work and other problems revolving around you instead of the boy next door.

Months passed and seeing Peter, even running into him, became a rare coincidence. The only times you did were late nights of walking from the library and you saw Peter leave your building with a hood over his head. Of course, you worried, but it wasn't your place to say anything to him. One day, your bedroom door was cracked enough to hear May Parker's voice in your living room.

You eavesdropped as your mom and her sat on the sofa, facing each other with cups of tea in their hands. May spilled to your mom that Peter had been sneaking out of his room, but she thought it was a classic case of teenage spirit. You knew Peter wasn't like that, but maybe his intentions changed since the last time you spoke.

As you walked home from the library, all you could think about was the conversation your mom had with May. The night air was freezing, quick breezes prickling at your skin but your jacket was enough to keep you warm. With your hands dug into your pockets, you had your head down and earbuds plugged in. As you crossed the street going toward your complex, you saw the same hooded boy leaving out the two front doors. Peter glanced over his shoulder, making sure he wasn't followed and walked the same way he always went. After he got far enough, maybe a block down, you set your backpack by a dumpster and kept a slow follow behind him.

He unknowingly lead you toward the local bank, a few blocks from your apartment building. You stood underneath the awning of Mr. Delmar's sandwich shop. You scoped out for Peter, losing sight of him once he crossed through an alley back a block, but that was the way you usually went to Delmar's, having some kind of familiarity as to where you were.

As you crossed the empty street, ready to walk back from how cold it was, someone swiped you off your feet. You felt like an acrobat taken on a trapeze, catching your breath as one arm grasped tight around your waist. You grabbed onto the fabric, but your fingers couldn't hold onto the skin tight material. Once your hand reached around the person, you turn to see the masked hero, Spider-man.

You landed on a sturdy rooftop across the street from where you were. Your legs were like a safety pin around his hips, your eyes still widen from the sudden rush of being swept away.

"It's okay, you're safe." His voice spoke, a bit higher-pitched than you imagined.

Your sneakers planted to the ground, looking at the brightly-colored hero up and down. The suit looked incredibly different in person, but it also wasn't the one you'd seen before that looked homemade– at least that's what you saw from Youtube videos.

Your panting slowed down, gulping to wet your throat before saying, "T-Thanks," still in shock.

Peter quickly glanced down at the street to see if his bad company was there, but there was no one in sight. He glanced back at you, the glare of the street lights reflecting onto your face and he started choking up. He cleared his throat, as well, while the two of you stood there in silence and shock of each other's presence, you not knowing his, but Peter not expecting yours. His hand runs over the top of his head, slicking to the base of his neck till he looked back at you.

"You're- you're.. Spider-man." You chuckled, patting your arms next to each of your sides.

"Last time I looked in the mirror, Yeah, I am." Peter joked.

Your voice was something of sugar, sweet like candy and addictive to listen to. He hadn't heard your honey-like tone in weeks, but it was like a heavy rainfall after the longest drought.