a long night [tom]

His side of the bed was empty and you felt your heart race immediately.

When you opened your tired eyes, your hand grasped at the sheet where he was suppose to be settled into. You slowly turn on your other side to reach your phone on the bedside table, pulling it in your hand with the tips of your fingers. As you squint at the bright screen, the time read 3:45am and you furrowed your eyebrows. Tom said he'd be in bed hours ago so all you could do was rub your eyes and make your way downstairs.

You were groggy and the hallway felt like it was spinning, but you slowly walked into the living room to see Tom still sitting at the kitchen island. A lazy grin paints on your lips at how hard he was working on memorizing his latest script. The closer you got, you saw his head was laying against the script while his arms were sprawled along the table. As you step around to place your hand on his back, you notice he was wearing his glasses which was rare.

Tom wasn't one for wearing his glasses but when his eyes got tired and heavy, he would have to resort to them and try to power through the rest of his reading. He thought they didn't suit his face and hated the way they fell off his nose bridge, but you thought it was endearing and that he was just stubborn.

"Hey baby." You spoke at a quiet tone, rubbing your hand against his back.

He groans as he blinks his eyes a few times, pushing his glasses back on his nose as he rose from the table. You could hear the pops and cracks in his back as he extended it, holding his arms above his head. Tom let out a slow yawn before he looks up at you. The bags under his dark brown eyes were heavy and the expression on his face could be compared to a lost puppy's. You grinned as his arm wraps around your waist and he mumbles, "Hi darling. I'll be up in a bit."

"No, no. It is almost four in the morning. You need some rest." You tell him, feeling him press his cheek against your side.

His glasses became crooked as he pushed his face further, slowly drifting into sleep again and you giggled, weaving your fingers through his freshly cut hair.

"C'mon baby." You say and he hums, agreeing and giving into you.

He stands up, organizing his piles as you turn out the light. You see his dark figure and reach out, feeling his hand and pull him toward the hall then guiding him up the stairs.

"I think we're getting old. I remember when we could pull all nighters." Tom jokes, his voice low and hoarse.

"You're just over-tired, baby. We'll pull those all nights soon." You giggle and close the bedroom door behind you.

You walk over to him as he takes off his watch in front of the dresser, rubbing his shoulder and feeling how tense it was. He gently places the watch on the wood before turning to you and you grin at him, taking his glasses off and he blinked his eyes for his vision to adjust. You smile as you wrap your arms around his shoulders and around his neck. Tom starts leaning in but instead of kissing your lips, he misses and places a peck above them and below your nose which made you giggle.

"Was that supposed to be on my nose or my lips?" You chuckle and he smiles.

"I honestly don't even know." He smiles back, moving his head into your neck and both of you laughed a little.

He left a peck on your collarbone before he placed his hand gently on your right cheek and guided his lips toward yours. Something about tired kisses left a tingle up your spine because it was incredibly slow with the same amount of passion any other kiss had. You still smelled his cologne he spritzed on his neck that morning and his skin was soft like butter. You locked lips once last time before pulling away from him or you know you'd never get to sleep.

The feeling of nesting into the mattress was almost euphoric and you felt much better knowing he was by your side. Once you were both under the fluffy and fresh comforter, Tom merged into you and laid his head on your chest. His strong arms coiled around your waist and he could hear your heartbeat while your body warmed him in seconds.

"Goodnight, baby." You murmured and Tom nuzzled his face into your clothes, kissing the top of your hand before both of you drifted to sleep.