breathless [tom]

It was no secret that Tom was in New York to begin filming for another role he snagged in a heartbeat. No matter where he went, what stores he would go to, places he ate, the paparazzi were on his tail and giving him no sense of privacy. His candid pictures were posted on every inch of social media for you to see which left a bittersweet taste in your mouth.

Yours and Tom's relationship blossomed before his exposure went viral overnight. Yeah, Tom was another face in the Marvel franchise, but his acting skills in every film landed him any audition he wanted in Hollywood. When Tom became occupied with his job he loved so much, you slowly became hazy to his acknowledgment. Instead of date nights on Wednesdays, it was line-reading with Harrison all week then researching his roles every weekend.

After weeks of Tom cancelling important plans, being flakey and overall belittling your presence, you were tired of not being treated the way you should. Sometimes you reminisce back to that night, remembering the huge argument that took place in the kitchen, the pacing along the hardwood floors in the livingroom and your voices yelling so loud the neighbors in your apartment heard through the thick walls. Tears streamed over your hand that covered your mouth, watching Tom slam the door so harsh that it was jammed.

A couple of knocks on your new door made you snap out of the past you were in. You clear your throat and walk over, opening it to reveal your friend, Kelsey. Her arm leaned against the door frame with a pearly white smile greeting you. Before she could say anything, her smile faded when looking at your outfit that consisted of a pair of grey, baggy sweatpants that were tied at the waist and a vintage, black Rolling Stones shirt that hung off your shoulder.

"Why aren't you dressed?" She asked, shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't really feel like going anymore." You shrug back and then tucking your hair behind your ear, looking down at your feet. She grinned at your nervous tick, she knew you were lying.

"Give me a better reason." Kelsey chuckled, flipping her blonde hair behind her shoulder as you let her in.

Your lips move to the side and your tongue wet them at how dry they were getting when trying to tell her the truth.

"Tom's back and- I don't think I could risk it." You shake your head as you sit on the barstool by your kitchen island.

"Girl, there are over eight million people in this city and you're only two of them. Don't stress it." She joked but you didn't take it as one, feeling the fear rumble within your heart.

She sighed, "Okay, maybe, we could keep a low profile. Maybe that pizza place you like on the corner of forty-first. A slice for two-fifty." Kelsey bribed you.

You could already smell the freshly-grated cheese and strong aroma of garlic, oregano, and roasted tomatoes that seemed to be comfort food to you for the past year of living in the city. Even though you and Tom went on multiple dates here, it erased from your mind with good memories that you and your friends made there.

"Alright." You sweetly agree and she returns a smile at you giving in.

After putting on a winter-appropriate outfit with a cute pair of boots, you and Kelsey made your way to the first floor of your apartment then taking a cab a few blocks down. When you stepped out onto the busy sidewalk, the cold air felt like it was piercing into your face. You both quickly took cover into the pizza place, the heat defrosting you from the outside in.

You smiled as your two hands created friction to warm up your hands faster. The owner of the small but popular business knew your friendly face too well.

"Hey girls. I just made some fresh pies." He chuckled while slicing into them behind the counter.

"Thanks, Mr. Valdez." You and Kelsey thanked in unison. The two of you peeled off your heavy jackets before settling into your usual booth.