home [tom]

You thought days off would be a given.

After compromising on the decision to move to California and share a one-bedroom apartment, you and Tom thought doing this could strengthen your well-built relationship.

With Tom being close for work and you having a great amount of job opportunities, the mental picture seemed sweeter and easier in your heads. The bitter reality was Tom filming on various sets throughout weeks, lots of traveling and rehearsing while you worked longer hours than intended and stressed so much you sometimes forgot to eat.

By the time both of you were given a full twenty four hours of rest, the exhaustion drained both your systems and it was hard to do anything you'd like to do. There was rarely a date night you didn't feel worn out and rather be in sweatpants with a nice cup of tea, too tired to talk about your weeks or would order-in instead of cooking a meal together.

One of these days, you and Tom promised the night before you'd sit down and watch a movie together, mainly just so you two could get cuddly and close again. You thought it would be like old times, before both of you were caught in the fast pace of work. But, things were taking a nosedive from the start.

Your eyelids grew heavier by the second and your head continuously leaned onto Tom's shoulder when they began to close. It wasn't till a sudden shock quaked inside your body, shaking you awake to watch the show Tom had been talking your ear off about for the past few days.

Not only was the series boring to you, the series of the heavy raindrops thudding against the window was soothing. The weather outside, although gloomy, was relaxing and it masked over the voices coming from the TV. Once your listening focused on the pitter-patter noise, your sleepy daze hit and you finally rested your head on Tom's shoulder.

"You alright, love?" He mumbled.

You nodded your head, brushing your cheek against the soft fabric of his t-shirt.

"Yeah, just a little sleepy." You admit, lifting your head up to look him in the eyes.

Tom noticed how tired you really were, the stray hairs from your temple brushed in a messy way as your smile was a faint grin. He thought you looked absolutely adorable, making him chuckle and his hand met your cheek. Tom slightly pouted, his thumb steadily brushing your cheek before he asked,

"Do you want to take a nap, sweetheart?"

Without using words, all you did was nod your head up and down. Another contagious giggle left his lips before shifting his weight to his feet, planting them on the ground and giving you a hand to get up.

"Carry me?" You pouted, opening your arms out like a child.

Tom knew he couldn't hesitate to do so. You giggled as Tom's arms smoothly slide beneath your torso, gaining the strength to pull you up and letting your legs wrap along his hips. Your ankles met together on his lower back, securing your place as one of his hands met the bottom of your thigh while the other placed on the center of your spine.

He carried you down the hall, trying carefully to avoid your feet hitting the sharp turn before he entered the small bedroom with a simple, queen-sized bed.

Once Tom's knees hit the side of the mattress, he gently placed you on top of the fluffy covers that left the scent of his cologne. You crawl underneath the sheets at a slow pace, pulling them over your shoulders and feeling the instant warmth from blocking the air-conditioning breeze.

As your body settled into the springs, Tom peeled his t-shirt off and tossed it to the chair in the corner of the room. He was left in his grey sweatpants with the waistband sitting comfortably on his hips. The tone of his v-line had a shadow casted from the light shining through the curtains that Tom would eventually close before lying in bed with you.

At first, your head settled into your pillow on your claimed side of the bed. As you moved more toward the middle, your silk pillowcase brushed against your cheek till Tom's arm slips underneath your neck, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. You felt his hand settle on your ribs, slowly lifting up your shirt enough to gently graze his fingertips against the smooth skin of your side.

Your head nuzzled on his toned chest, tucking one arm underneath his back while the other made contact with his soft, ungelled curls. Your fingers massaged against his scalp before tugging at the small curls toward the nape of his neck. Tom closed his eyes from the pleasant feeling, humming while a grin painted on his lips. He faintly nudged his cheek against the top of your head, able to inhale the aroma of your shampoo and vanilla perfume.

The sounds of the air-conditioner and commotion outside were vague as you laid wearly with the person who meant most to you. As tired as you were, a smile creeped up from the corners of your mouth when you realized this is exactly want you wanted. Tom laid there thinking the same, embracing his arms around you then giving your body a slight squeeze before he found the right spot in the mattress for comfort.

Wrapped in Tom's arms felt like a welcoming, warm home. You felt that since the day you met each other. He was someone who never shied from making you feel like you belonged, you were loved and always prioritized. His arms around you were the medicine to your homesickness and overdosing is what you craved.

Tom holding you was his home away from home. As much as he missed his family that were back in London, he believed you were an earth-angel sent by God. The stress weighing heavy on his shoulders and chest immediately lifted as he settled between the crisps, soft sheets with you cuddled in his arms.

As the two of you dozed off, your bodies melted together and both of you couldn't have felt more at home.