With a sudden snap of his fingers, Legacy blinked. Nothing happened. Then the sound of ice cracking drew Severance's attention back to the Boss. The ground beneath him had frosted over, the ice cracking and splintering as a thin watery whip burst out. Little drops of water broke free all along its length, instantly turning into little specks of ice crystals that shimmered as they fell.

The whip reared back of its own accord then snapped across The Brain's little body. Right at impact, the whip exploded into ice crystals and The Brain was thrown back.

An awful shriek tore from The Brain's throat. Severance wanted to cover his ears. He didn't, since it would be a bit challenging with two full size war fans already in his hands.

"I will kill you!!" The Brain righted itself, hovering over a new section of ground. He glared with red-rimmed eyes full of pure hatred. Thrusting his hands upwards to the sky, he cried, "Bones of the Fallen!"

As soon as he finished the last word, both Wellon and Dappppp threw themselves back, putting distance between themselves and The Brain. Clearly they knew what was going on, even though Severance did not. Maybe he should have paid more attention to Dappppp's explanation.

All around The Brain, bones shot out of the ground in a circular pattern, forming a horrifying spike trap that would have speared through anyone caught within. Each bone's tip had been sharpened to a dangerous point. Some even had suspicious rust-colored stains.

No wonder they dodged so fast! Severance shuddered at the sight of the bones. That would seriously have hurt. After a moment, the bones slid back into the ground with an awful scraping sound. Wellon and Dappppp moved back in to resume attacking.

From a safe distance, Legacy formed a baseball-sized torpedo of ice and sent it flying into The Brain's ugly face. Once again, the small creature was flung back.

"Stop it!" The Brain shrieked, flailing as it righted itself. "You stop that now!"

Like any smart man, Legacy didn't bother to listen. He began to form another ice torpedo. Severance approved. It seemed Legacy's magical damage was having the most effect anyway.

"Oh," came Wertwert24's voice. "S'gone." She took a few steps forward, the mud puddle that trapped her having finally dissolved. Even though she was free, she didn't make any movement towards The Brain.

Instead, she stretched both arms above her head, bending first left, then right. Then she sat down.

Severance stared. "Uh..."

"Hm?" She looked over.

"They're fighting right now."

The petite tank rubbed at her eyes, then nodded slowly. "Yeah?"

Severance waited a moment, but she didn't move. He tilted his head, trying to figure her out. Why was she sitting now? There was a fight going on! She was supposed to help! The fans in his hands shook slightly as a tremor ran through him. He took a deep breath.

"Don't you want to help them?"

"Nah." She shook her head. "Easy fight."

What?! No. This was not acceptable. He took a step towards her without really thinking. "Look—"

"Baaaaaalllls of Mud!"

Crap. Severance immediately ran a few steps in a random direction. He heard the splat of mud landing behind him and stopped to turn around. Two new mud traps had settled into place. One where he'd been, and another settling around Wertwert24's sitting form. Since she was sitting, it came up to her waist like a snug blanket.