eleven

Hoseok

Tonight had been pretty rough for the 'sunshine' boy. It seemed he has slipped back into an old habit and was once again unable to sleep, it started up about three days ago. 

He layed lifeless in on the mattress watching the hours tick by, sun setting and rising. Every once in a while bursts of tears would flow through his eyes and onto his neck leaving his cheeks red and tear stained, nothing a little makeup couldn't fix.

He knew in his heart what he needed most right now but he couldn't risk his only chance with Yoongi by letting him in, not by choice anyway.

It was about 10 in the evening and he couldn't take laying in that damned bed any longer, he threw on a baby pink hoodie pulled on some sneakers and left. He didn't have his phone, money or anything on him; in his mind it wouldn't be a problem if anything happened to him. 

He paced the cold streets once again not knowing where he was going, just walking.  The surroundings felt familiar but he didn't pay any mind to it.

That was until he spotted a familiar pale boy with mint green hair sat on the swings in front of him.

Yoongi

Kicking the stones under his feet he breathed steadily, his mind only filled with thoughts of a certain someone.

He heard footsteps on the pavement ahead of him and noticed a figure wearing a slightly oversized hoodie, it was dark so it took him a moment to realise who it was.

Their eyes met and a look of desperation and fear filled the younger's eyes, he began to walk away when Yoongi called out his name and ran after him.

"Hoseok! Wait!" He yelled as he caught up to the boy, grabbing his wrist to prevent him from running away.

"Oh, hey Yoongi." He tried to smile but the energy wasn't there. "Come," Yoongi said dragging the boy over to the swings. They each took one and sat.

"This feels pretty familiar huh." Hobi muttered thinking that Yoongi hadn't heard him, he was wrong.

"Hoseok, you're him aren't you?" He asked out of the blue, all the signs adding up. Butterflies exploded in his stomach at the thought that the cute boy from the park was indeed his crush.

He stayed silent for a little bit before croaking out a "Yeah."

Hearing the confirmation he desperately needed Yoongi pulled himself off the swing and wrapped his arms tightly around the other.

Caught off guard, Hoseok froze for a moment before hesitantly hugging the boy back.

The pair stayed like this for a small while before Yoongi heard small whimpers coming from Hobi. He lightly patted his back and circled his fingers in and soothing and calming motion. He didn't want to see Hobi hurting but it couldn't be helped and Yoongi was sure as hell going to comfort him as best as he could. 

"It's okay, shh," he spoke softly into his ear.

Realising that they were still awkwardly half sat and half standing on the swing Yoongi pulled from the hug and grasped Hoseok's hand tightly, leading him onto the grass where both boys sat side by side; if they were any closer they would have been sat on each other's lap.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry it just came out and-" Hoseok tried to apologise though light hiccups and small sniffles but Yoongi just hushed him.

"It's okay Hobi, everyone cries. Do you want to talk about it again?" He asked refering to the moment they shared a month ago.

"I- I don't know," he began looking into his elders eyes.

"You're sad Yoon. What happened?" He observed with concern.

"I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me. I guess that's not really bothering me though, Hoseok you know I meant what I said right?"

"Maybe but, I think that you Hope, you really deserve to be happy. It may take a while and if we ever meet again somehow, somewhere then I promise to help you."

Hobi nodded, "if you're sure." Yoongi only nodded and held he other close, both arms wrapping comfortably around him with his face nuzzled into his neck.

"I guess I'm just sad, I can't sleep at all and everything is so numb Yoonie. I want to make people happy again but I can't even make myself happy? I'm just a failure." He vented, Yoongi listed closely while gently caressing his hair. 

"You're not a failure, everyone gets sad sometimes and even if it's sadder than sad it's still okay. We're all human and it's not realistic to be happy all the time, somehow you still manage to improve the lives of everyone you meet. You're friends absolutely ador you and so do I, you still with me?" Hoseok only lightly nodded, the tears had stopped and he was just listening to Yoongi's voice.

"Good. I know how it feels sometimes Hobi, that there's no point in anything but I promise you there is, I promise you that you're amazing in ways you can't even see. I promise that no matter what everything will be okay and I'll be here with you. Do you trust me Jung Hoseok?"

"Yeah, I trust you more than I trust myself right now to be honest. Thank you Yoonie." His sadness turned to a weak but genuine smile as he locked eyed with Yoongi.

"Then let's go do something completely different, spontaneous and probably really stupid."

"After one date? Wow Yoongi didn't know you worked so quickly." Hoseok joked with a laugh, it warmed Yoongi's heart to hear and see his hope so happy.

"No dummy, let's go and dye our hair!"