Chapter 23 - Lee

Neji suddenly frowned at a thought. "I wonder if we will see a new Gai-sensei for the new generation....our kids, in other words." he commented.

Suddenly everybody in the room blanched and looked at Lee who was sparkling, proud of the thought that he could become just like Gai-sensei.

Naruto laughed at the thought. Even though Gai and Lee were very dramatic and could be a bit over the top, the guys were very good motivators and good spirited. He knew for a fact that Gai was a strong shinobi. He even has declared the one and only Copy Cat Ninja to be his rival and could indeed live up to his claims. With Lee following his foot steps, he had no doubt that the boy would grow to become a fine shinobi. He would do good for the next generation.

Lee ran over and stood on the matrix. Channeling what little chakra he had, he managed to get a tiny speck onto the matrix causing it to glow blue again. Everyone now brought they're attention to screen that appeared and watched the projection of future Rock Lee.

Everyone was currently at Sakura's and Ten-Ten's apartment, celebrating the marriage of two of their friends, Naruto and Hinata. Everybody was sitting around table playing cards, drinking sake, talking, laughing, and having fun. Lee was enjoying himself and partook in everything except the drinking. Of course, everyone knows why.

"Hey guys! Look at all of us!" Ino said excitedly.

"Shino looks like a total badass." Kiba complimented his quiet teammate. Shino smirked at how his future self.

"I continue to live up to your legacy, Gai-sensei!" Lee shouted with his fist pumped into the air.

"Your flames of youth shine brightly, Lee!" Gai yelled with anime tears falling down his face.

"So this is the future Konoha 12. Or should I say 13?" Asuma asked inquisitively.

"I see you're still infatuated with orange, Naruto..." Sakura said with a sweat-drop.

"I think it suits me." Naruto replied dully. "Isn't that right, Hinata-chan?" he said flirtatiously.

Hinata face went red. Some of the attendants were shocked that the blonde openly flirted with the shy Hyuga heiress. Hiashi felt his right eye twitch as he saw him flirt with his oldest daughter in front of his face.

If he hadn't seen their future and if the Hokage wasn't here, he surely would Juryken'd the boy on the spot. Ino and Sakura blinked a couple of times while Shino raised an eyebrow. Kiba was trying his best to not to laugh. The Hokage rubbed his temples as they all continued to watch Lee's projection.

"Congratulations, Naruto-san and Hinata-san. May you have a youthful marriage and your flames of youth spread wildly!" Lee exclaimed, congratulating the married couple.

"Hai, congratulations, Hinata and Naruto. I hope you are happy." Shino said, a light smile over taking his usually stoic expression.

"We are Shino-kun. Thank you, Lee-san. We appreciate that." Hinata replied, giving them both a smile.

"So, when did this happen?" Ino said, pointing to the two. "No offense, Naruto, but you have always been dimwitted when it came to a girl's affections."

"None taken." Naruto said nonchalantly.

"Hn." Sasuke replied. He knew the blonde was a man of many secrets. Hell, he still didn't tell Sakura the true reason he came back or how he came back. He guessed that the blonde had probably been dating the girl for a long time or had always reciprocated her feelings.

Naruto sent Sasuke a slight glare, knowing the language of an Uchiha. After all, he was an Uchiha himself. He knew Sasuke probably had his own suspicions and opinions about their "sudden engagement". This short exchange, of course, didn't go missed by Sakura, who knew her teammates well. Or at least she thought so. Sai just smirked at him as he took his turn. Ino remained completely oblivious to it all, waiting for an answer from the duo.