Chapter 5 - Sakura

*This chapter was edited 8-24-2019*

Sakura stood on the sealing matrix and clasped her hands together. She sent a pulse of chakra to her feet and the seals began to glowed blue before the wall became a screen once again. This time it presented a different screen.

It was a cool night in Konoha and everyone was sleeping soundly. Everyone except two ninja. One was a pink haired girl with long hair. She had emerald green eyes and was wearing red garbs with short black shorts and ninja sandals. Far ahead of her was a boy with a white long sleeve undershirt with a black shirt on. He wore black shorts and had raven black hair styled like a duck butt. He was carrying a backpack and currently making his way to the edge of the village.

"Looks like a slightly older Sakura and Sasuke." Kiba commented.

"Why is he running towards the outskirts of the village." Ino asked.

Kakashi sighed. 'I guess I wasn't able to get to him.' he thought as he continued to watch the scene. Sasuke looked at the scene with interest, wondering the same thing.

The two ninja continued to leap and hop from building under the guise of night, one trying to catch the other. The raven-hair male finally made it to the ground and began to make his way to the woods, not too far from the Academy. The pink-haired girl landed as well, trying to catch up the boy. When she was a minimum distance from him, she called his name.

"Sasuke!" the girl cried out as she huffed and puffed.

The raven-haired boy stopped in his tracks and turned to face the pinkette. The girl stopped once she caught up with the boy. They stared at each other for moment before the shinobi spoke.

"What do you want?" Sasuke said.

"Where are you going Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked.

"I have to leave. I have to get stronger." Sasuke said as he clenched his fists.

"You can't leave, Sasuke! This village. It needs you......I need you." Sakura said, saying the last part softly.

"What do you care?" Sasuke said turning away from her.

"Because I....I....I love you Sasuke-kun!" she yelled.

Sasuke looked over his shoulder with his sharingan activated.

"I don't need your love!" Sasuke yelled. "I need power. My clan will be avenged and he will die by my hands." he said as he began walk away from her.

"Sasuke...." Sakura said as tears began to flow from her eyes.

She then felt herself be jabbed in the neck and put to sleep. Sasuke laid her on a bench as he looked at her with emotionless eyes.

"I'm sorry Sakura..." he said as he disappeared into the forest, never to be seen again.

"Wow....that was....intense" Kiba commented.

"Yeah...." Ino said thoughtfully.

Sasuke said nothing. Before anyone could say anything else, the scene changed again.

Sixteen year old Sakura was at the hospital standing in front of a big fish. She took a deep breath and green chakra began to emit from her hands. The fish sat on top of a seal as her hands continued to emit green chakra. She then put her hands on the fish as if she was pushing the green chakra into the fish.