Chapter 9 - Hinata Pt. 2

*This chapter was edited 8-25-2019*

"Y-You what?" Hinata stuttered as her teary eyes looked into Naruto's cerulean blues.

Naruto blushed and cleared his throat. "I said I love you." he said he looked back into her lavender ones.

New tears began to flow from Hinata's face, but these were tears of joy. "I love you, too Naruto." Hinata replied back. Naruto smiled brightly at her response.

Hinata wiped the tears as she took Naruto's hand. She had to admit, she could not refute none of Naruto's points pertaining her clan. Her heart swelled as she looked into his eyes. All she saw was love and devotion. She was so happy and relieved that her long time crush had reciprocated her feelings. Dare she say, feelings that were any deeper than her own. After a couple of moments of silence, Hinata finally spoke.

"So why now?" Hinata asked.

She saw his cerulean blue eyes gleam with mischief as he grinned at her. "Let's just say I got few tricks up my sleeve." he said with a foxy grin.

Hinata shook her head at the blondes antics. "Oh Naruto-kun....."

"What? I'm the #1 Prankster King. I got a reputation to uphold!" Naruto exclaimed dramatically. "Besides, I'm as sly as a fox by nature and not just because of the whiskers either." he said wittingly.

"So I guess you wouldn't mind calling you foxy-chan, would you?" Hinata teased.

Naruto turned beet red and laughed nervously. "A-Ano..... I would prefer if you not call me that in public, Hina-chan."

Hinata laughed at his embarrassment which caused the blond to flush more. Inwardly, Naruto loved to see her laugh. It made his heart flutter at how she looked beautiful anyway, anywhere, or in anything that she is wearing. As they conversed and laughed with each other, the waiter had brought out their orders and laid the ticket on the table where they could pay for their meal after they were finished.

As they were finishing their meals, Hinata just looked at Naruto as he ate the last bit of his food. She wondered how he ate so much and still maintained his weight. Maybe it was because he was always running around somewhere. After all, he was quite hyperactive. She also noticed that Naruto was a very intricate person. You wouldn't understand him unless he wanted you to.

"Naruto-kun?" Hinata called out.

"Yes, hime?" Naruto answered as he took the last bite of his food.

"Why do you hide yourself?" Hinata asked curiously.

"The world is satisfied with words and pictures, but few care to dive beneath the surface." Naruto started. "When people see me, they see an idiot, knucklehead ninja who is always getting into trouble and never gives up. They also see, as you say, a proud failure. "

"However, very few actually try to understand me or understand why I act the way that I acted. Because that is how they saw me, that is the Naruto that I gave them." he explained. "You have to understand that there are two types of types of curiosity: a momentary and a permanent. Momentary curiosity is concerned with surface appearance of things. However, permanent curiosity is attracted by the amazing and consecutive life that flows beneath the surface of things."

"Like in your case. When you saw me Hinata, you saw a gem enveloped in a case of rock where others saw a plain stone. It's because you see me as more than what everyone else sees that layers of my persons begin to unravel." Naruto admitted. "It's funny how even my sensei preached about looking underneath the underneath, yet sees me the same way as everyone else does." he said with a chuckle.