A Day with 'Lady Emaline'

Mulai dari awal

“Hell yea, I haven’t seen outside of this house since last week.” I said rushing around the corner, jumping up and down to get my shoes on. “Ready!” I said with a big grin.

“I am loving this enthusiasm.” Ema chuckled. “And to answer your question dear sister in law, we are going to speak to the caterers about the food I want served at the mating party.” She continued as I followed her out of the room and down the hall.

Caeden had explained to me last week that a mating party is a party thrown for the child, or children of the Alpha who have yet to find their mates. They invite members from the closest packs, but only the higher ranking wolves as most alpha children are paired with other alpha or beta children.

At this party Caeden and Sarah were supposed to announce their arranged mating/marriage, but now that he’s found me, I am to be introduced as the official alpha female, if we mate in time.

Ema is supposed to be introduced and speak to all unmated males at this event in hopes of finding her mate. She seemed excited and nervous and I was happy for her.

I nodded and clapped my hands excitedly earning a delighted grin from Ema. As we made our way out of the hall we ran into a girl that resembled Sarah but had familiar dark hair. When she sneered at me I knew.

“Sarah…?” I asked incredulously.

“What, whore?” She sneered, turning her nose up.

“What the hell is this?” My confusion was slowly turning into amusement.

“That outfit looks awfully familiar…” Ema trailed off with her hand on her chin as she took in this ‘New Sarah’.

“Oh that’s it?!” Ema said letting her smile turn into a sly grin.

“Well, what is it?” I asked curiously, obviously I hadn’t picked up on what Ema was getting at.

“I recall another dark haired girl wearing a similar outfit, not even a week ago. What do you think Nessa?” Ema asked turning to me. I noticed Sarah’s cheeks flush a little, but her embarrassment was shadowed by her anger.

“Hmm…” I trailed off trying to place it. I had a similar outfit but where her shirt was pink and capris were light blue. My shirt was green and pants were dark wash. “I have a very similar outfit but I’m assuming it’s a coincidence…” I trailed off.

“I don’t know…” Emaline said looking mischievous. “Sarah is usually known for her blonde locks and rather form fitting, barely there clothing. What’s caused this sudden change Sarah?” Emaline asked slyly and I watched Sarah shift uncomfortably.

“Well everyone likes to try something new, Emaline.” She said haughtily but trying to rein in the disrespect when talking to the Alphas sister.

“Normal people, yes. But the only thing I’ve ever known you to like a variety of is men.” Emaline stated and turned away as if she hadn’t just insulted Sarah tremendously. “Nevertheless, Nessa and I have things to do. Please, let that hair dye be the change you need to keep those legs closed, enjoy your day!” Ema said the last sentence quickly and grabbed my arm before dragging me onto the elevator.

I was laughing so hard I swear I was going to have a four pack when we made it to the ground floor. The look on Sarah’s, shocked face just kept replaying in my head. I had tears streaming. Once in the elevator Ema began her fit of giggles also.

Pack members looked at us strangely as we exited the elevator and headed to the driveway but we didn’t care. For the first time since my birthday, I felt carefree and I was having fun.