Mohini who is tied to a chair exhausted looked at the men who are drinking and sitting outside the room laughing at lame jokes.

She looked at her sides and found a glass piece lying on the floor. So she started moving the chair and fell down. Listening to some sounds, then looked inside the room and found Mohini who fell down and tied to a chair and left her not caring. Only if he knows that it will cost them a lot.

Mohini who tied a chair and fell down started taking the glass piece which is just beside her tied hands and started cutting the rope even though it is hurting her hand. At last, after a few minutes of struggle, Mohini is successful in cutting the rope and she immediately started walking towards the window which is slightly open.  As the men are outside the room, they don't know anything mad Mohini escaped from the window and started running.

She is running for hours and hours and at last, reached a place where there was a crowd and bumped into one of the women. Mohini looked at the woman saying sorry but the women are numb looking at Mohini. Mohini's reaction was too same as she is standing in front of Garima who came to buy medicines for Shashi for tomorrow's dose.

"Mohini Ji, What happened to you?", asked Garima looking at her.

Mohini is crying as she is really in pain.

"Come let's go to the hospital", said Garima and took her to the side waiting for any vehicle to approach them. But to her bad luck, No one is coming towards them.

Mohini was really exhausted from the kidnapping and then running and she was going to faint when strong arms caught her on time preventing her from falling.

Garima stood there shocked looking at her son-in-law. Arnav lifted Mohini in his arms and took her to his SUV. Garima too followed him trailing behind him.

Arnav started the car to the hospital.

Apollo Hospital

Delhi

Arnav took Mohini inside screaming for doctors and the staff Looking at the ASR, they immediately took away Mohini to get her treatment done.

Arnav sat there in front of the Emergency ward looking at nowhere in particular. He remembered how he was going back to his home and on his way home, he looked at his Mother-in-law walking alone. He has to stop his SUV to drop Garima at her home. He was approaching her when a lady bumped into Garima. To his shock, he found the kidnapped lady there. He heard Garima asking her what happened to her and came to know her name Mohini. From their talks, he is sure that Garima knows about Mohini. But the question is how? He is ready to ask about it to Garima when he heard Garima'a Voice.

" Arnav bitwa(son), Can you give me your phone? I have to call Shashi Ji and inform them about me being here. They will be worried", said Garima.

Arnav gave her his phone and Garima called home and informed them about the scenario.

After the conversation, Garima gave the phone back to Arnav. She sat beside him.

"Aunty, do you know that lady?" asked Arnav out of nowhere.

Garima is hell nervous as she has nothing to say. She can't even tell the truth. She has nothing to lie about. She is stuck.

"No! I...I do..don't know about her." said Garima looking away from him and not meeting his eyes.

"Aunty, do you know why I used to catch your daughter's lie? She used to look away not meeting my eyes whenever she is used to lying or better say tried to lie", said Arnav looking at Garima.

Garima stood there nervous clutching her saree's pallu.

" I think she got an inheritance from you. Don't you think Aunty? Better spill the beans or else I have my ways to dig the truth", said Arnav looking at Garima.

"I don't know why are lying, Aunty You call me your Son, and yet you, if you ever considered me like your Son, please tell me the truth", said Arnav.

Garima nodded at him ready, to tell the truth.

"But promise me you will say nothing about it to Kushi", said Garima. Arnav didn't understand why she is telling that but nonetheless nodded his head.

"Kushi isn't my sister's Daughter", said Garima shocking Arnav to the Core.

"26 years back, I was married to Shashi for 2 years at that time and we don't have any child. We badly wanted a child at that time. But I couldn't able to conceive. So, we adopted a child of a 1-week-old girl from Asha Orphanage, Mumbai whose Owner is None other than Mohini who is now inside the ward getting treated", said Garima and continued telling the remaining story, "After one week of adopting Kushi, We got the news of my pregnancy. I was pregnant with payal. Payal is one year younger than Kushi. There is no problem between us. 8 years passed away, Shashi Ji, Me, Kushi, and Payal were returning from a marriage when we were hit by a truck. Kushi was 8 years and payal was 7 years old. During the accident, Kushi lost her 8 years of memory. She doesn't remember anything. Doctors said it's really hard to make her remember anything. Mohini warned us this child's life is precious. So, better keep her in dark. We are worried for Kushi and we thought it was the best time to make Kushi less attentive to save her life from the threat. We told Kushi that she is 7 years old and she lost her parents in a car accident. From then, Payal became her elder sister even though we know that Kushi is elder than her. As payal is very small she doesn't remember any of this incident," said Garima and took a deep breath.

"Mohini Ji came back to us just a few days before and told us that Kushi's parents are alive and she belongs to a rich family. She was ordered to steal Kushi from the hospital replacing her with a dead child. She was ordered to kill Kushi. But to our Good luck, we adopted her. Mohini Ji agreed to adaption just because we offered her some money. Being greedy she agreed to that which, of course, turned out for our own good and we didn't think of much at that time. There is one lady who assumed Kushi to be dead, the Same lady who ordered Mohini to kill the child. If she comes to know that Kushi is alive, She will kill Kushi. But there's no chance of that. We got to know about all this just a few days back", said Garima to Arnav in an isolated place.

Arnav was numb after listening to all this. A child's life was being played this?

Author's Note

Present timeline:

Kushi - 26 years old

Payal -25 Years old

Akash-25 Years old

Arnav -29 Years old

To be Continued.

A/N-

I want honest reviews on this story.

What do you think about the pace of this story?
Already half of the truth is revealed. So, there are very fewer chapters yet to complete the story.
Do you think I'm justifying every situation in the story?