Frozen in Time - Carla x Monty

Requested by Craral

Carla's PoV

Finally, I'm turning 18 tomorrow. My dad insisted on me having a party so I decided to invite everyone to my house for a party. My dad and little sister were on a road trip while I was ordering some pizza and waiting for the guests to arrive. I paid the pizza guy and Jerome walked into the house with some beers and a present.

"You didn't have to get me anything Jerome," I say, opening the pizza box and taking a slice out. I take a bite out of the slice as Jerome kisses my cheek and I mentally cringe. Jerome and I have been dating for a few months now but I don't have the same feelings for him anymore. and I want to break up with him but I'm not completely sure how to get onto the subject of it. I kinda have feelings for Monty but it's not like I would ever admit that.

"Why wouldn't I get my princess a present for her birthday?"

"Because I didn't ask for anything." I say in a 'duh' tone. He just shrugs and chuckles as another knock on the door is heard. I open it to get bombarded by a group hug from Lily, Cindy, and Penny. This was going to be a fun night.

Soon enough, everyone was here. Music was blasting through the speakers and everyone was having a good time.  Well, everyone except for me. It was edging closer and closer to midnight, meaning I was close to being officially 18. I sat on my kitchen counter sipping on a glass of coke when Lily stood on my dining room table.

"It's nearly midnight everyone so let's sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl!" Lily shouts. Everyone then starts singing Happy Birthday, some of them drunk, others sober. As they said their last "Hip Hip Hooray!" The clock struck midnight and everyone stopped. I looked around at everyone and got off the counter.

"This must be some sort of joke.." I say walking over to Teddy. I rub my hands together and slap him hard across the face but he doesn't even flinch. This must be something about soulmates. I remember reading somewhere about time freezing when you turn 18 and only you and your soulmate can move. I remember a few months ago time froze and I could move but I never met my soulmate back then. After thinking for a minute I hear a familiar voice shout,

"Again?" That's Monty's voice. He's my soulmate?

"Kitchen, Monty!" I shout. Monty walks into the kitchen and we make eye contact. I smile awkwardly.

"Hey, soulmate," I say, trying to lighten the mood of the awkward situation we're in. He chuckles at my poor attempt.

"Who would have thought you would be my soulmate, huh?" He says. I smile,

"I'd rather it be you than anyone else"

"What about Jerome?"

"Eh, I don't feel the same to when we first started dating to put it nicely."

"Well, just so you know, I'd rather it be you than anyone else."

"Do you like me?"

"Yeah. I've liked you since kindergarten ya big dummy."

"Well, I have the same feelings for you too Monto."

"So does this make us boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I guess it does."

The rest of the day was spent hacking into CCTV so that we wouldn't get caught stealing snack and drinks from different shops and cafes. Best Birthday ever.

Sorry if this isn't as good as it could be but I tried :3 also I used Grammerly for the first time on this oneshot and it's much better than anything else I've written. I hope this is up to your standards friends. Have a good day! :)