17

"Well I am Rican but my dad is Dominican so I got my dad last name and my moms middle name , she died giving birth to me" Laura says with a frown "I'm sorry for your lost" she shakes her head "no need to be it was a long time ago plus I don't even know her"

"Tell me something about you...something that the world don't know" I thought about it for a second "well I am a artist...well I like to think I am I can paint and draw"

"Oh really? Draw me something" she hands me a piece of paper and a pencil "of what?"

"Anything" I nodded thinking about what I wanted to draw, "I just want to say sorry about last night...I'm not a thief I swear" I frowned glancing at her as I started to draw. "It's ok...I know how it feels to want to get high, it's like a craving....an irresistible craving" I bite my lip "if you don't mind me asking....when did you start?"

"Start?"

"Your addiction" I squeezed the pencil in my hand, I don't like the word addiction...it never leads to anything good, but I put this on myself. "2 years ago" I say quietly ashamed of myself. "You know it can kill you right?"

"Yeah I know...look how the tables have turned" I chuckled "aye smoking and popping are 2 different things" I nodded in agreeing continuing to draw, "it started off as just for fun, my manager introduced them to me...but I didn't take them like that and I eventually stopped but then my boyfriend got me back on them and I haven't stop since"

"Why not?"

"Because What's the point at the time I didn't care about my body...I didn't care about living, getting high took me away from reality. And it still does, even though my life is a bit better now" she frowns "don't you want to stop?"

I tap the tip of the pencil on the table "I don't know...look I finished I drew an eye"

I showed her the pic

"Why an eye?" I shrugged "I don't know I just drew it"

"It's nice, looks a bit familiar though" I stared at it for a bit and was about to say something when my phone started to ring.

'Lolo🙉💕'

I quickly rejected call and flipped the phone over. Laura frowns at me "you know she was very upset last night" I shrugged "I don't care she's a jack ass" I leaned back in my chair crossing my arms over my chest. "I don't like the girl she seems like a bitch...but I know she cares about you" I shook my head "if she did she would have left me alone"

"Y/n-"

"Let's not talk about her...I don't want to think about this" she nods "ok well what do you want to do?" Laura asks "it's your place you pick" I bite my lip as she stood up and walked out the room I sat there for a couple of minutes and declined another call from Lauren, not wanting to talk to her still. I still can't believe that she would do this for my mom, after all these years you would think she would want to rekindle our friendship, but then again she only treated me like shit when I woke up from my coma and after I moved in with her. I know she was angry at me, but if she was that angry why agree with my mom and do such a thing?

Did us becoming back best friends mean anything? Was it real? Did she really want to be my friend? And most Importantly did the kiss we shared mean anything? Or was this one of her plans?...or even worse my moms?

A sudden saddens washed over my body. Every friend I had has done nothing but play me, nothing was ever real to anyone I have brought into my life. Maybe I'm not meant to have friends, because every time I make a friend they always leave just when I need them the most, or when things are getting better.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt Laura wiping a tear off my cheek "Hey are you ok?" When those words left her mouth I struggled to keep in a sob, when it left my mouth a bunch of tears fell. I pushed back the chair and stood up.

"Y/n! Hey come here" She pulls me into her arms placing whatever she had in her hands down. I cried into her chest as she rubbed my back, "everything will be ok"

No it won't, everything is never ok. My life has been ripped into shreds, turned upside down and I can't even go back home because I'm scared Ryan will be there waiting for me. I have to live in fear that I'll be lonely, or I'll be stuck with Ryan yet again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks after I calmed down I shook my head "is this about Lauren?"

"I'm just sad" she nods her chin on top of my head, her arms wrapped around my body tightly. I felt safe in her arms, and a bit better that I have someone like her comfort me. But what if she's fake? I just met her, she could be using me...just like the others. Anyone that comes into my life are never good, what makes her so different. I stiffen under her touch and I guess she noticed because she loosen her arms around me, I got out of her arms and backed up.

"I'm going to lay down?" She nods as I quickly walked down the hall and went into her room and got into the bed. I laid my head on the pillow and faced the wall.

_____

"Are you hungry?" Laura asks me waking me up "you haven't eaten anything all day...so if you say no you're lying to me" I blinked my eyes adjusting my eyes to the light that she turned on. "I'm not"

"Bullshit come on"

"No I'm serious....I just want to sleep please" I pulled the blankets over my head. "Ok if you're hungry you have some lasagna in the fridge"

"Ok"

"Ok"......