03

Trigger Warning:
~Drug Abuse

I bite my lip as I debated wether or not to go outside or stay in my room. I looked out the window, I could easily just slide out and sit down on the roof or I could stay in my bed where it's safe. This house is old it could fall and I could get terribly hurt or I could die. But oddly I could care less about dying. I feel like I have died a thousand times already but I keep coming back to life.

Backing away from the window I walked out the room, it was around 11 at night, I had recently just woken up from a nap the medication that I had taken made me extremely tired. I jogged downstairs Lauren was asleep on the couch with Dinah. The tv was on but it was on a commercial. I found it so cute how they were cuddled up, I remember when Lauren and I would cuddle up and fall asleep like that.

We use to always be together we were like shadows to each other. Wherever she would go I would go, and wherever I went she'd be there. But that all stopped once I moved to LA and got that record deal. I was always too busy to hang out with her because of all the songs I was writing, and all the meetings and interviews I had.

But that was just part of why we aren't friends anymore. You see Lauren has this thing with loyalty, she takes it really seriously. If you're loyal to her she'll be loyal to you. In friendships and in relationships. As a normal human being she doesn't like being disrespected, or played, or not being taken seriously. She will easily kick you out of her life if it means happiness for her. She only let a few people in her circle, and I was in it for years. We grew up together, went to the same school together, she disliked everyone that I didn't like, and I dislike whoever she didn't like. We were like a pact. But I fucked it up once I let fame takeover me.

I replaced her with the fakest people ever, I lost her trust, I lost my best friend, and for some reason out of all the friends around me the one who hates me now came to me.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bag filled with pills. All pain relievers. Due to the fact that I broke my rib, well Ryan broke it. It was healed and honestly it didn't hurt at all but the pills made me feel better, and without my phone I can't call my guy. Plus he's all the way in LA. I'll have to find another one soon.

I open the pill bottle poured like 5 pills in my hand, my back was turnt to the living room so I didn't hear when someone got up, "What are you doing?" I squeezed my had shut looking over to see Lauren.

"I-I the pain has came back" I say just about under a whispers. I hoped that she wouldn't make it show her how many pills I was trying to take because I'm pretty sure she heard the news about me overdosing.

"Oh" she turnt around walking away from me. I quickly popped the pills in my mouth, swallowing them and grabbing a glass, pouring water in it and chugging it down. I shoved the pill bottle in my pocket, and walked back upstairs.

_____

The next morning I was sitting at the table, Dinah had left because she had to do an errand for her parents, and Lauren hasn't woken up yet. There was a plate filled with eggs bacon and toast. Across from me, it was for Lauren I made it for her. I know she likes to wake up to breakfast and she seemed to always like my cooking so why not give it a try.

I had already ate and was now sipping on some coffee as I watched the news from the living room tv. In 2 hours I would have to go to therapy to talk about my feelings. But I have no clue what to talk about because I'm perfectly fine.

Lauren came down the stairs 5 minutes later I placed the mug down and turned to her. "I made you breakfast" I say hoping that she would say something but she didn't say anything she just walked past me going into the kitchen and pouring herself cup of coffee.

I stood up "it's your favorite bacon and eggs. I know how much you like my cooking so-"

She grabs the plate off the table and dumps the food right in the trash, clenching her jaw and tossing the plate in the sink. "You think you can just cook for me and expect me to let everything go? Well guess what y/n your food or any of your fucking gestures isn't going to work so advise you to just leave me the fuck alone!" I flinched at her tone.

"I'm sorry"

"Whatever" she walks back upstairs leaving me alone. I sighed not knowing what else to do but to just sit there.

I know she's mad at me, and I'm well aware that she doesn't want me here. But why exactly am I here? Is it because she wants to make me feel bad for being a dick? Or do she want to just torture me in this house filled with so many memories?

I grabbed the mug pouring the rest of the coffee down the sink, a phone ringing grabbed my attention it came from Lauren's purse, I know I shouldn't but curiosity got the best of me. I went to her purse and grabbed the phone out to see that it was actually my phone.

On the screen flashed

'Camila🖤'

I quickly answered "Hello"

"Y/n?! Oh my god you answerd!" I furrowed my eyebrows hearing her voice for the first time in months. "I'm just getting my phone back" I say "no offense but why are you calling me?"

"I can't call my best friend?" I scratched the back of my neck "I-Yeah But is there something you want?"

"I've been trying to get in touch with you in the past couple of weeks, I don't want you to be mad at me, I know I should have came, but after hearing what happened I couldn't bring myself to to visit...I'm sorry" she apologizes making me feel a bit better. Even though seeing her face would've been better.

"It's ok" I bite my lip "so you're not mad at me?"

I never really thought about mad at anyone, the only person I was mad at was myself. "No of course not Mila"

"Oh thank God because you sent a pretty nasty text to me last night, and I thought you got your friend to threaten me" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"You don't know?...well your friend basically told me to stop calling and texting you before there would be trouble. I don't know what her problem is but she's a bitch no offense"

Why would Lauren threaten Camila?

"I have to go Camila"

"Ok but wait y/n...the album have you finished it?"

I forgot all about the album that I promised Camila that I'd write for her.

"Fuck Camila I'm sorry I'll start on it soon ok?" She sighs "hurry I'm counting on you"  I ended the call I have nothing else to do so later on tonight I'll start writing.......

I don't think all the girls will be in the book, Camila will hardly be mentioned but I'm not sure yet.
I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far.