Ch. 23 The Transmigrated Duan Yunying

"Well, sir Duan. If you will excuse us. My dear friend here is injured. We need to get it looked at or else, Prince Li might blame me for not looking after her properly" Su Hua opened her mouth and just speak it out loud in annoyance.

She meant 'back off mister. This lady is off-limits and she is Prince Li's woman. Be carefull of who you offend here!'

Duan Yunying was startled to hear such blunt words. Women of this times are known to be talking in a roundabout ways. But here she is, a rare speciment who talks her mind out.

Did she knew of who I am already? Is that why she talked to me like this? Prince Li must have told them or else, they won't be able to ignore my charm...

Considering the probability, he then decide to leave it at that.

"Well then miss, I will now take my leave. Please be careful on your way back." Duan Yunying gave them a gentle bow as part of his a convincing scholarly act.

However, Bai Xiangxiu and Su Hua knew very well that he was only putting on an act. Although they didn’t know why he’d left, they felt relieved that he had decided to stop pestering them.

However, Long Heng had seen the entire shenanigans from the side. He creased his forehead. Bai Xiangxiu does indeed possess beauty that could make countless men fawn over her. Although she had been observing propriety the whole time by maintaining her distance, and was obviously calmer than the two maidservants beside her, she had still managed to attract him.

He also approved of how Su Hua bravely dismissing him. His two women was impeccable and the best part was, they worked so well together. As if they had the same mind.

He can't help but grew more and more fond with Su Hua...

How about Bai Xiangxiu?

He kept remembering how she bravely risks her life to save the servant. She was clearly a weak lady yet, she could be strong in times of need.

She never keep any extra money for herself while she manage the household, she even took things from her own coffer when there is not enough.

A woman so selfless like her... Is a gem so rare and precious...

He pushed the matter of his heart into the back of his head. Now, he had a more pressing matter to deal with. 

This scumbag needs a lesson for injuring nee Bai!

Although Duan Yunying was a person with many talents, he had always been very self-disciplined. There had never been any rumors about him fooling around with women ever since he moved in. And so, his attitude towards Bai Xiangxiu today was definitely abnormal.“Sir Duan, you must be very free today.” Long Heng stepped out and slowly walked towards him.

Duan Yunying replied with a smile, "I wasn’t feeling well these past two days, so I wasn’t able to view the maple leaves. But if autumn had passed, the view would be there no longer."

Long Heng put one of his arms behind his back and responded coldly, "Thank you for your concern just now. That lady is one of the family members of the Prince Li Manor."

Duan Yunying turned his body slighty towards Prince Li, his smile deepen and said "Is that so? No wonder she was acting so reserved"

Long Heng’s gaze took in Duan Yunying’s face before turning his head to look at the red maple leaves. This man does have very enchanting looks indeed. 

Long Heng couldn’t help but feel a little vexed today, purely because he’d seen the two of them together. He didn’t realize this foreign emotion to actually be jealousy.