ch.5- Dinner With The Death God

Lin Qianzi were too frightened when she realized the reason for her demise is following her, she tripped on her skirt and fell down, sprawled on the ground.

"Miss Lin!" The maid by her side were panicked when she fell down. She hurriedly supported her up.

When she' standing on her two feet, she could visibly see him frown. She was too afraid to even notice her bleeding forehead.

"ah, I'm sorry" she said. Long Heng frowned deeper at the words. Why did she apologize? She's the one who tripped out of nowhere.

The whole scene somehow looked like as if she was a small little animal. A squirel maybe. She get startled way too much for the simplest gestures from him.

"you don't need to apologize. Head back to Orchid Courtyard to get your wound a look at" he said.

Lin Qianzi gaped silly at his words. She looked at him with a questioning look mixed with fear and trepidation. She still didn't notice the trailing blood from her injured forehead.

She's way too timid!  was what he thought. Giving a cough he strode off at the front first.

Seeing she only stood there motionless he sigh and said it again "Come here, let's get back to Orchid Courtyard"

Before she could reply Long Heng had already carried her in his embraced.

Lin Qianzi eyes suddenly widen.  This is the death god ah!

She was too afraid to even say anything. She only closes her eyes tightly as if hoping that it would all be just a dream.

He is Bai Xiangxiu's man ah! What to do?! Urgently need replies online!!!

She felt her self being laid down on the bed. She opened her eyes slowly, only to meet a man's cold gaze. She subconciously scooted away from him.

"Is this lord that intimidating to you?" his cold voice drifted over.

Lin Qianzi subconciously felt cold sweat emerging as she clutch her blanket tightly.

"um... I've severly offended you last night. Now Nee Bai even had gotten sick because of me. A man of your calibre, it's easy to make my life miserable with just words... How can I be at ease?" she said. Her eyes started to pool with tears. She really didn't want to offend this death god. But she had done so perfectly.

Bai Xiangxiu is his reverse scale. Even if the man himself aren't aware of it. Later in the story it qould get more and more pronounced.

Contrary to her expectation, Long Heng actually chuckled. Yes he did!

This Fiancée of him might be the most timid lass he had ever met yet she didn't afraid to speak out her mind.

A man of your calibre, it's easy to make my life miserable with just words... How can I be at ease? The words struck a chord in his heart.

This girl! If she's that afraid of me, all the more reason not to say that words out loud!

But it was also because of this words he found out how she is an outright frank person. Her whole being spoke of her mind.

She was not the type of woman who would know to utter what others wanted to hear, instead she was frank to the point of stupidity!

When she was with her husband back in the modern world, she never had the need to pretend. Woman of the modern times often more than not speak out their mind out loud.

Unlike in this timeline of history, where woman were tied down with a strict rules, she who had never had read the woman virtues of course would never knew how to act in front of a man.