chapter thirteen: bachelor's and bachelorette's

Start from the beginning

He is definitely somebody who will not stand quietly for someone who wants to take what's his, away. He is a bit like me, when I properly think about it.

Nathan Wellington is not a man to fuck with.

But here I am, planning to fuck with things anyway. Insert man shrugging emoji.

"Hello ladies," Alex trailed, with a smirk. He gets cozy with a black girl, with long curly hair. He made drinks for both of them and they chat away. She was a model from New York, on a holiday with her friend, who was also on this yacht. I can imagine these two will stay in contact when we go back home.

I was now on the yacht, heading further into sea. When you look behind, you can see how crazy beautiful Honolulu is. Madison asked me to keep an eye on Isaac and make sure that he doesn't accidentally break his ankle or something, as he's a clumsy drunk. She was so caring to ask. I planned on watching him anyway. Even in college, the early days of him and Madison being together, Isaac was younger and youthful - an even crazier drunk. In celebration of Isaac finishing freshman year, Alex let him have a party in his new house and he jumped off the roof, into the pool.

He almost broke his spine but hey, he was alright.

I don't really plan on drinking anything tonight. It's been about ten years since I slowed down on alcohol. I hated clubbing nowadays. I hated going out late with some pervy businessmen after work, who would definitely not control themselves around women. I now just hate drinking in general. Alcohol really isn't good when I think about it. It's more of an escape from reality, a way to do things some wouldn't do sober - in my opinion. I say this because I had some drinking problems as a teen.

Being in the system was hard and took tolls on me.

Lindy, Madison and Isaac are the ones who helped me through my alcoholic stage in life. It was a dark time for me and I was depressed, somewhat suicidal. Meeting Lindy made me want to be better, sober, and not drunk every day. I fought with Isaac constantly due to my stupidity and Madison was there to pick up those pieces. I did some incredibly stupid shit and if it wasn't for them, I don't know if I'd be here today.

After Lindy had Logan, she met Madison and their friendship bloomed from that day. Even though I knew Madison and Isaac before Lindy, she never actually met them while we were together. I kind of drifted apart from people when I married Lindy and it was just me and her. And after splitting, I reconnected with Isaac, where I found out Lindy and Madison had met and stuck together like two segments of a puzzle.

I'm being literal. Madison was the first friend Lindy had in a long time and they were very inseparable. They spent days, weeks, in a row together. Madison helped Lindy with motherhood, taught her certain tips that her own parents hadn't given her. Madison and Isaac was the extra support that Lindy longed for, where later Sam and Anna became part of that too.

When my immature ass left her, I'm glad my friends were there by her side. She was extremely fragile and I broke her. They ended up bringing out a raw and newer side of Lindy, making her the even more amazing woman she is today.

Obviously Nate was part of that as well, but who cares about him?

I stayed sitting on the top of the yacht with Alex and the girl he was with. I learned that her name was Yasmine. She was really sweet and we had a lot in common. I could see us being friends.

Alex was being shockingly flirty with Yasmine. It was raising a few eyes onboard.

"Since when is my twin, a flirt?" Isaac whispers to me, and I chuckle. "He is never this chatty. He's quite... rude, honestly."

"He's been swooped off his feet. I mean, look at her," I stated.

Isaac has a peek. The two were laughing over some cocktails.

He nods. "I see it. She lives close to him too, doesn't she?"

"She does indeed." I say.

"My boy is in for a treat." Isaac concludes.

"Damn right," I laugh.

My phone buzzed and I look to see what popped it. I had post and story notifications switched on for Lindy, and she had just posted something on her instagram story. It was a boomerang of all the girls getting their nails done. Lindy got white acrylics, like she always would. Daisy, to my utmost surprise, was sitting right next to her and she twiddled her fingers at the camera with a smile.

They seem to be getting along.

I replied to the story, ignoring everything that my sister and Nate told me to do.

cameronking
you look pretty Lindy. nails on fleek

She replied in seconds.

lindymarcellano
no one really says fleek anymore cameron; from daisy

Why is Daisy replying for her???

I was growing annoyed as I typed back.

cameronking
daisy where is lindy

I got a photo from her and I opened it, to see all the girls posing and Lindy is in the front with Daisy, who has her middle finger up. a caption 'im right here' was put on Lindy's forehead.

cameronking
okay haha hope you're having a good time

lindymarcellano
yeah i am
u too

I took her response as hints to say "conversation over, stop replying". I sighed, as I put my phone into my pocket. A girl came over, sitting next to me with two drinks in hand.

"Hey..." She says, and I look at her. She was smiling, and offered me the second drink.

"Hi. I'm Cameron." I say, taking the drink. I need it right now. I should be having fun, my best friend is getting married tomorrow. Instead, I'm here, the only sober guy and hurting inside over an engaged woman.

"Are you okay? Because honestly, you don't look like you're enjoying yourself." She said quietly and sipped what looked like a piña colada.

"I'm just... Yeah. I'm okay," I shrugged it off, and downed the drink. "Isaac is getting married, so I'm pretty excited."

"I bet!" She smiles. "Are you close?"

"Very. Ten years strong,"

"Wow! That's really nice. Old friends are the best - if they last till the present, that's for sure."

"Yeah. Do you know Isaac then?"

"I don't. Yasmine and the girls dragged me on this trip and your friend Nathan offered us a promising afternoon on this yacht. It's really fun so far."

She finished her drink. "Let me go get us another drink."

She smiled as I stood up and said thank you. I need to let loose a bit. If getting Lindy is gonna be hard for me, i should at least enjoy myself while I'm at it - I've been miserable. Tonight should be a blast.

thank you for reading!!! current thoughts?