World Flip

It was just a normal day in paradise. Peacock bothering me to no end with fruit taste testing and other goop that I didn't want to know about while I was working on a dragon's sore wing. After that and sorting herbs I went out to lunch. Like always a few mangos and a couple of papayas.

     During this time, I tried turning invisible and going to a different spot for lunch than where I normally eat, so I could throw Peacock off and have lunch in peace. This time I hid behind the healer's bungalow. After this, I noticed that the sun's position in the sky told me it was getting close to sun time.

     Since I missed yesterday's sun time from trying to hide from Peacock I missed sunning myself. Which led to my snippy attitude towards others, including patients. Which has gotten me scolded by my advisory healer Hibiscus. Since Peacock would be scouring the platforms I decided to take one of the hammocks and change the appearance of my scales to look like someone else.

     Picking a pattern I would never be caught dead in that wouldn't raise suspicion I tried getting as comfortable as possible. As I went to sleep in front of my face hurt like something being crushed. Some sort of fur seemed to be draped over my head and face that seemed like nut-brown color. I then felt a poking on my shoulder that then escalated to a jab.

     This made me look up as I look up there were scavengers everywhere as big as me. Looking down my talons we now small paws with narrow talon-like fingers. Wait, this is impossible I really can't be a scavenger. Then out of the blue, a female scavenger with pale yellowish hair with black streaks in her hair tied up in a weird fashion started to ask if I was okay.

     I spaced out for a minute and realized I could understand scavenger. Although I've never heard or seen a scavenger before. I have heard they sounded like annoying birds or grunting howler monkeys. Once I came back to my senses I replied to the female's question earlier with an unenthusiastic confirmation that I was ok.

     After that, she squinted her dark brown eyes at me like I was a threat. "You're not Audrey she would of either given a groggy response or gotten flustered. Another thing Audrey has a British accent and you clearly do not." She raised her voice a little threateningly to where an older female scavenger with rectangular-shaped shiny wood on a nose of sorts. She stood up from what I could say a small table covered with different things in neat piles that would have put my herb sorting to shame.

     "Ms. Peterman we do not raise our voices during our reading sessions and please take a seat." said the older female scavenger that was in charge of this place. I also didn't notice the younger female scavenger had gotten up from the response earlier.

     "Yes, Mrs. Garcia," she replied in a nonchalant voice while sitting down then, Mrs.Garcia stared at me.

     "That goes for you to Ms. Brookes and please no more sleeping during class or I'll have to send you to the office."

     "Yes Mrs. Garcia," I replied copying Miss Peterman with a much chippier tone of voice. Mrs. Garcia did a double-take then went back to what she was doing. All of a sudden I hear an ear-splitting ring coming from somewhere covering my ears from how loud it was. Everyone seemed to be grabbing their stuff and walking out the door while telling all the other scavengers about homework or something.

     Grabbing the things off the table in front of me I noticed a thick slick unknown object with a Rainwing on it and a sort of hard slick object with three metal things in the back. With the same kind of stuff in it like in the other object with a Rainwing on it. Carrying the objects close to my chest with arms wrapped on them. I was outside in a long passage with scavengers all over the place moving and large rectangle boxes made of metal lined the walls.

     The female from before was right behind me grabbed me by the arm and marched to a place covered in glossy clay cut in squares. She then took a few steps towards a wall, leaned back with her clothed arms folded over her chest, giving me one of the harshest glares imaginable. " Who are you and what have you done to my friend." She growled in a low tone.

     "Ok, first of all, I just woke up in that room in your friend's body not my fault and the names Guava by the way," I stated, trying my best not to add venom to my words but this scavenger is just downright irritating. She gave me an unamused look which was I guess better than a glare.

     "So, you're telling me you just woke up in my friend Audrey's body?" This time I gave her an unamused look and responded with a nonchalant reply.

     "Well you're rude aren't you. I gave you my name now tell me yours."

"First, answer my question then I'll tell you," she replied her face starting to twitch from glaring at me.

"Ok, for your question that is a yes. Also if you keep glaring at me like that your face will get stuck like that and no one would want to be acquainted with you." She raised a line of fur that lined her eye and stopped to squint at me as she passed me to walk out of the room.

"Well, I'm Ash your locker combo is on a sheet of paper on the front of your binder along with the locker number." Just before she left I told her I couldn't read. She gave me a tired look, facepalmed herself, shook her head, and then waved me over to walk with her. "Come with me." Was what she said before trudging out into the passage with me in tow.