Colorful Encounters

So, my crazy adventure starts on a slow regular Friday in Portland, Oregan. Classes that can be exciting at times were downright slow until I got to English. Since it was a Friday afternoon and all the work was done for the week. We got to do a session of reading, and we got to read next to anyone if we keep the volume to a respectable level. As Mrs Garcia went to sit at her desk everyone shuffled through the rows of desks to sit by their friends. I sat next to one of my friends named Ash with my book Wings of Fire The Hidden Kingdom.

     I started to read until a sudden sleeping spell came over me. Ash noticed this and nudged my arm a little and whispered, "Hey, Audrey are you ok, you look like your a little tired. You've never slept in Mrs Garcia's class before"

     "Ash I'm fine, I'm still a little tired from all the boxes I had to unpack last night," I replied in a somewhat groggy voice rubbing my ocean blue eyes. As I am trying to get back to reading, the sleeping spell comes back again.

     My head nose dives into the hardwood desk as I pass out. The next thing I know, I'm outside, in what appears to be a rainforest due to the calls of exotic birds, and I'm in a vine woven hammock suspended about 12 meters in the air. I then notice that I'm not human anymore as I look down I'm covered in pale green like scales with flecks of purple and blue. I'm a dragon I thought and at that moment it took all I had not to scream and freak out as I see other dragons either splayed out on top of structures or nestled in hammocks with their wings splayed out a little. I looked around more until I heard something make a noise, like leather flapping in the wind.

     I tried putting my head down as I did to my desk earlier. For some reason, I feel like the sun on my back was unusually comforting. It was exactly how Glory described how it felt during the sunning scene in the same exact book I was reading. Like a light bulb that went off in my head, I knew where I was. I was at the Rainforest Kingdom in Wings of Fire. Now that I knew where I was my now warm scales almost felt like they were on fire from the embarrassment of not realizing it until now. I tried calming down until the sound I heard the sound from earlier coming towards me.

     I stiffen and try to act like I was asleep until a felt a weight pressing down on my back pinning my wings under their weight. I heard pops from my back from the added weight. The long neck from what I could I guess a rainwing around the age of the rainwing I was inhabiting craned until they were next to my ear and said in a whispering tone of voice, "Guava, I know you're not sleeping." The voice sounded female but it still sent chills down my spine as I tried to shove her off without hurting my wings or my spine.

     Which turned out to be a weak attempt of me rolling over which resulted in me being flipped out of the hammock and falling onto a platform about a couple of meters where the hammock was. The wings may have made the impact less severe but some of my scales turned white from the pain. The dragon before came down in front of me with a quizzical expression. As I got my bearings and me giving the place around me a look over. I thought of what to say and suddenly I realized without asking who I was I knew the dragon I was.

     But not the dragon's name right in front of me. She seemed to know the dragon I was guessing by the interactions earlier. Out of nowhere, she asks if I'm ok as if on cue with no time to think I replied with. "Jolly good," I could just feel myself turn pale green with a lot of purple flecks replacing the once white ones.

     "Aha! I knew you weren't Guava," the dragon's voice echoed through the air which earned us both glares and groggy eyes staring at us with unamused glances from other platforms and hammocks. As her, once worried face turned to the expression that resembled a kid's on Christmas.

     "Who are you? And who is Guava" I asked the dragon as she looked at me with her clear sea glass-like eyes?

     "Ok first let's get somewhere where there aren't any prying eyes first and then I'll give answers second." The unknown dragon replied as she leads me away from the aviated hammocks with some of the dragons having a grey ball of fur clinging to either, the neck of a dragon or some other body part which I presumed to be sloths. 

A/N I'm changing the chapter names to fit with the characters since just saying chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 is kind of boring.