Chapter 9 - Hinata Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"I guess I understand." Hinata replied. "But doesn't that make you lonely?"

"Nope!" Naruto said popping the P. "I have precious people in my life that I can lean on. Your one of them, Hina-chan."

"I live the way I live because I want to see how others view and feel about me. Not about my skills or what they think I can do. Perception is a very complex concept. It is the deception of the perception that makes things tricky." Naruto commented shrewdly.

Hinata had to take sometime to think about what he just said. The boy in front of her was simply more observant and astute than what many give him credit for. After they continued to talk for a little while longer, Naruto paid for the food and escorted Hinata back home. He left her with a kiss on the cheek and went on his merry way as she watched him from a distance with a light blush on her face. She went to bed that night with a smile on her face, thanking Kami that her dreams came true.

When the scene ended, everyone once again was stunned into silence. Hinata fought the urge to just run over there and hug the blond. She was so happy that her dream had came true and relieved that his infatuation with a certain pink-haired girl was nothing more than a hoax although she still didn't know exactly why he faked it. The future Naruto spoke in riddles and wise words when he answered her future self's question.

"So I was correct. You are a lot more than you let on, Uzumaki-san." Shino spoke surprisingly breaking the silence.

"No shit" Tsume commented as she looked around the room to see others nodding in agreement with Shino's statement.

"What are you trying to hide, dobe?" Sasuke prodded as he looked at the blond that was avoiding any eye contact.

"Yeah, why you being so suspenseful, baka. Trying to be cool like Sasuke-kun." Sakura accused.

Naruto turned to his team sharply and gave them a cold stared. It shocked everyone when he turned to look at them with such an icy gaze. There was no hint of innocence within them. His now steel cobalt eyes was now scanning all the occupants in the room, looking them right in the eye. Ino and Sakura could feel themselves shiver as his eyes chillingly scanned them. He stopped his inspection when they landed on the Hokage.

Hiruzen saw the blond nod to him, silently letting him know that he would talk to him later. The Hokage reluctantly agreed and nodded back.

"Let's continue to watch the story. I am sure some of your questions will be answered.....hopefully." Lord Third said, muttering that last part.

Before anyone could protest or object, the scene on the screen began to change the like a video clip, it began to play.

A much older Hinata could currently be found in the Hyuga Compound near her father's office. She had just gotten home and learned from one of the Hyuga guards that Naruto had come into the house requesting an audience. Curious to what Naruto wanted to talk to my father about, she put ear up to the door and masked her chakra so no one could sense or hear her.

She looked around 17, almost 18 years old and she had her hair in a high ponytail with her bangs framing her face. She had a flower on the side of her hair and wore a white yukata with red trimmings. Ask any man and they would agree that she was a beautiful woman indeed. Her face contorted in concentration as she tried to listen in to what her father and boyfriend were discussing. She cursed at the silencing seals her father placed on the office.

In the office......

Hiashi Hyuga sat behind the desk in his traditional Hyuga yukata, staring at the young jinchuriki before him. He stared at the young blond without expression. He wondered what the boy was doing here........although he had an inkling on what it was.