Part 2

It had been a few weeks since Gale had come back. Peeta had managed to convert their basement into a bedroom. Luckily for him it had it's own door. He'd sneak out sometimes, take a stroll around the square.

He hadn't told anyone of his sleepless nights. Of his nightmares. he just managed to take small naps through out the day. Katniss seemed to notice, earlier on she had asked him, " You're okay... right?", the doubt wasn't fake.

But now sleep was catching up with him. His eyelids were getting heavier. Thoughts slowing. his eyes finally closed.

Gale's eyes opened. he was in the Capitol again. the buildings were in ruins. he could hear people screaming, running. among them stood a child. who seemed carless of it all.

Her hair blond hair was in braids. Small smile on her lips. Eyes filled with kindness.

"Prim.", he felt the heat of the fire at his feet.

"Gale.", she said fondly, " It's time to go."

"No."

he watched it as it neared her. caught onto the edge of her skirt. she didn't notice only smiled at him, " You're coming right?"

The chains tightened around his limbs, the hungry fire circled him.

" You should stop struggling"

The fire was swallowing her now. Only her face was visible.

the smoke was in his throat. causing him to gag for air.

"This is your fault!", he heard Katniss's voice cry.

"Its time to go.", Prim whispered. as she began to burn.

He raised his chin. The fire had taken the rest of him. Swirled around him.

He closed his eyes. breaths finally failing him. Heart beat slowing down. His life beginning to drain out of him.

"NO!', Gale sprung up in his bed. covered in a sheet of sweat. Heart hammering.

He gasped. Clawed at his throat, the feeling of being choked too real.

It wasn't real, he told himself. he breathed again. the sensation of air rushing into his lungs was soothing. he tried to hold back a sob.

This was a bad idea, He ran his hand through his hair

I never should have come back, His eyes began to water.

I don't deserve this, he let the tears run down his face. not feeling the need to contain any of them.

I don't deserve to live, his eyes wandered to his pocket knife, placed on the night table.

Im not brave enough to die, he put the knife back down, shocked that he didn't notice when he picked it up.

he thought of Prim. Katniss, and even Peeta. how they had started to accept him.

He concluded that he'd fix as much as he could before leaving forever.

He heard a noise coming from upstairs, he frowned. Everyone was sleeping right? He looked at the clock, it read 3 AM. 

Curiosity got the best of him as he quietly went up the stairs, cursing whenever they squeeked or groaned under his weight. He slowly opened the door and listened. The noise was coming from Finnick's room and Gale had a moment of realization, the baby was awake. He wondered if he should just go back downstairs. The last thing he wanted was to go in the room and see Katniss or even worse, Peeta and have to explain why he was awake.