"Lies, it was sherbet lemon last week." Scorpius smiles at the gargoyle. It turns to face him and shakes his head. 

"Well, I suppose Mr.Smarty Pants has the answer, but I'll never let you in! I have orders! " it says gleefully,  it's high pitched voice wavering. 

Scorpius rolls his eyes, "What do you mean, orders not to? Just let us in, the password has not changed in years."

The statue shakes his head in denial. "Nope. Not to be bothered, he said. You'll get lot's of nice things, he said."

I rub my fingers across my temple. Damned statue. "Oh, shut up and let us in or I'll blow the remainder of your face off." I say rather temperamentally. The gargoyle straightens himself. 

"Well that is horribly rude!" he mutters, shifting his position. Yeah, cause I care what a statue thinks of me. The wall starts parting, and down comes a swirling staircase which I start up immediately. The last thing I hear before the door closes is the gargoyle's cackling. 

Scorpius is right behind me. I reach the doors almost out of breath. They should really get some moving stairs up here; would make like much easier. Scorpius steps out in front of me, and puts one hand against the door. Someone else is inside- besides McGonagall, that is. Someone loud too. 

Scorpius pushes the door open and walks in, me tumbling in behind him. I straighten my shirt and look up, only to find that Scorpius has stopped in his tracks, about two centimeters away from me and is gaping at the two people behind the Headmistresses desk.

                                                           *        *         *       *

The whole office is a mess, with the usual stacks of paper strewn around the floor, and the book which normally would be neatly set beside one another on the shelves toppling over one another in piles o the ground, or thrown onto shelves carelessly. All the magical apparatus which one would never know the use were crooked, as if someone had tried to use them. 

And behind the disorganised desk, a boy with sunken dark eyes, skin as pale as a ghosts and coarse black hair. He had a devilish smile spreading across his face as he leaned over the table. Ferdinand Yaxley. Scorpius's friend. Scorpius looked horrified, his grey eyes round. 

"Why, look who has found us!" he drawls, slowly walking around the table, his finger tracing the wood. I can see his wand sticking out of his front pocket. Mine is tucked into my back pocket. I could reach for it. "Scorpius Malfoy! And one of the Weasleys! How charming, the little couple come on an adventure did you?"

I raise an eyebrow. Before I can come up with a reply, he carries on slowly. "I suppose you must be wondering what we are doing here."

A voice floats over from behind the high backed chair which is facing the windows. "Oh, quit it, Yaxley.Stop being ridiculous," the voice is familiar. It's a girl. Scorpius crosses his arms and glances at me quickly. I notice that he has his wand hidden in his sleve. 

Yaxley rolls his eyes and sighs, as if he were bored. "Whatever," he says in a monotone. He reaches for his wand and at the same moment Scorpius yanks his out. Yaxley smiles, amused. "Oh, Malfoy, do you know how to use that? Because last time I checked you never curse anyone, because you are far too good for that aren't you?"