Chapter 27

A/N: Dedicated to EpicFantasy for being the annoying creature she naturally is. And this chapter is extreme and utter crap, most of it bein a filler. Only one part isn't, but that's obvious. BSAUFGOUASFSA. OKAY VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT, COMMENT WITH CRITICISM IF YOU DON'T AND SO ON! XX

Chapter 27

Two days later, I'm in my room packing a bag with a few things I want to take home- a few books, a jacket, a quill. Also, a few of the gifts I bought at Hogsmeade during our last visit. I manage to stuff it all into my hobo bag in a huff. Bex is sitting on her bed lost in thought, her eyes unfocused. 

I throw a pillow at her head when everyone who is going away for the holidays start to leave; Bex is staying here. I asked her if she wanted to come over but she refused, claiming she needed some time to herself. Right. I don't blame her, really, my family is usually eccentric during Christmas. Too eccentric. 

"BEX. I have to go now." I wave my hand around her face and she snaps up, as if leaving her trance. 

"Oh right, have a nice christmas!" she calls after me as I roll my eyes. I can't suppress the smile that spreads over my face as I wave.  At least she'll have Evy and Charlotte to make her company, I tell myself. 

I am rushing down the stairs when I hear a high pitched 'miau' coming from the top of the stairs. Oh right. I forgot about that cat of mine. I knew I was forgetting something. Jinx struts down the stairs with an air of annoyance, glaring at me with her one blue, one green eye. It never really bothered me that she had weird eyes, but James always claimed she was possessed because of it.

Urgh. James. Just thinking of him makes me feel hot headed. I pick up Jinx from the floor, despite her angry pawing and carry her down the stairs where I nearly bump into Scorpius. Why do I always run into him? Merlin. I smile at him, and remember I had to give him his present anyways. So I suppose its a good thing I ran into him. 

"Watch it, Weasley." he scowls. Jinx hisses in my arms, pawing at him with her claws extended. I raise an eyebrow rather inquiringly at him. What is wrong with him?

"Um, hello to you too, Scorp." I say, rolling my eyes. A scowl remains on his face, like it did before, when we were still 'enemies'. Jinx continued to persistently try and jump out of my grasp. "Waht's up with you?" 

Scorpius narrows his eyes. His scowl deapens as he looks to the side. I look too, but I see nothing. A hint of movement, yes, but that could've been anyone. "None of your business, Weasley." 

Okay, now I'm confused. I try and llook him in the eyes but he keeps averting them, his eyes moving all over the place like an anxious animal. Much like JInx really, only she has the excuse of always having tempremental issues, because she's a cat. 

"Okay?" it comes out more like a question than an answer. Why would he be acting like this? Did I do something wrong? Maybe it's because of yesterday; it wasn't the best way to end our first 'date'.

"Why do you even care? Just shove off." he says menacingly, looking down his nose at me. He enevr does that. Somethings defintly off. 

"If this is about the dance, I'm sorry, okay? It -" I was about to start off on a rant, because Scorpius was really annoying me now, acting superior and all that when he inturrups me. 

"Look, I really don't have time for your annoying childishness right now, I'm busy. So if you don't mind, you slimy Weasel, I'm leaving." and with that he starts strutting away from me, his long nose high in  the air. Rude much? How dare he? James was right, he is a slimy git.