Chapter 15

Ooh. All right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up? Uma said as they left. You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up. Ben said putting his arm around Hadley.

Actually, Hads promised to let all the kids off the Isle
once this is over. Evie said and Hadley stopped walking and said, I have to tell you guys something.
She looked at them saying, Um... I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle.

Jay asked, What do you mean? Hadley said, The program is shut down. And the barrier... will be closed for good. Ben said, For Auradon's safety. Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie. I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself. Uma said.

And you, King Benny... you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside. Harry said and Natalia said, You know what? I actually thought you were brave.
You're nothing but a chicken. You were too scared to tell us that we were never gonna see our parents again. Celia said.

Celia. Natalia. Soon Celia grabbed the ember and threw it in water as Hadley yelled, Celia. Celia, no!
Celia! She ran and grabbed it. No! No. Regain your might and ignite! No... Regain your might and ignite! She asked Uma to help but her shell didn't glow. It caused her to say, Bummer. Then she said to Harry, Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot.
Hadley said, No. Uma!

Evie... Mal... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon. Hadley said.

Evie said, Closing the barrier was your idea? Hadley said, I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now. For our life? What about the kids that
we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. Evie said and then Mal said, I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s. But instead, you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to Evie. And you lied to me. We're your family.

Mal. Evie. Mal, Evie, come on. I had no choice! Soon there was thunder and Mal, Evie, Carlos, Dude, Jay And Ben turned into stone making Hadley cry as she said, No...

She began to sing,

Here you are alone
And you deserve it
Your friends have turned
To stone and that's on you

She was by Ben singing,

You had a cause to serve
But did you serve it?
Did you see yourself in a way
That wasn't true?

She sang as she stood by Jay's stone body

Why tell all those lies?
You feel unworthy
Like there isn't solid ground
For you to stand

She went to Carlos singing,

But a sacrifice is not
A firm foundation
You cannot build a castle
On a mountain made of sand

As she was by Evie she sang,

This is not your father's
Fairy tale
And no it's not
Your mother's fault you fail

She was by her twin singing,

So when your story comes
To light
Make sure the story
That they write
Goes...

She walked away to find Uma and Harry and as she did she sang,

Once upon a time
She fought the dragon
Once upon a time
That beast was me
Once upon a misspent youth
She faced herself
She spoke the truth
That's how I see
My once upon a time
This time

She found them and they were walking across grass and Hadley ran yelling, Uma! Uma, stop! Please, stop! I need your help. We have a chance if we do this together. She said standing in front of her.

Uma said, Your friends kick you to the curb? Good.
Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it, too. You care. Uma, you care about everybody. And Auradon is worth saving. Help us, please. Hadley said.

You talk pretty, but... she's already made up her mind. Harry said and Uma said, You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it. Let's go.

Life is not a storybook
But life unfolds in chapters
Turn the page
And start to make amends

She started to have flashbacks of the battle between her and her mother.

There's no pre-written
Guarantee
Of happily ever after
Step into your greatness
Before your story ends

Then she had flashbacks between the battle of her and Uma as she walked up the stairs outside of the castle.

So when your story ends
They'll say

Once upon a time
A girl flew higher
Once upon a time
She made things right

Soon she had flashbacks of Ben proposing to her, Audrey being jealous, Hades trying to escape, seeing Hades as she asked for the ember, her friends, sister and fiancé turn to stone, as she sang,

Once upon a tie that binds
She changed her heart
To change their minds

That's got to be
My once upon a time
This once upon a time
Will finally see
My once upon a time

This time!

She soon was smiling but heard Help us Hadley! It was the voice of Natalia and Celia. Yeah! Save your little friends Hadley!