Chapter 8

Cross had made a big mistake with wanting Dust to join their team because OBVIOUSLY HE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE! 

"Idiot. I leave you alone for a few hours and you get into a suicidal cage match with a murderer."

"So now you decide to help me?!"

"Who said anything about helping you?"

"I thought you didn't want to die?!"

"Yup! That's why I'm not helping you. I'm doing all of it myself. Ergo, I'm not helping. I'm surviving."

"At this point is there a difference?"

"Shut up."

And just like that, Chara took control of Cross's body, drawing a large glowing red knife. It was different in that fact: the knife glowing a malicious red. Both his pupils red now and a murderous smile tugging at the former terrified frown.

Dust gave them a demented grin, mouth stretching creepily. He pulls out his own knife and a sharpened bone in another hand.

"So I'm fighting someone with a ghost helper? Well, it's only fair…"

Nightmare tilted his head, curious as to what they meant by that.

The two skeletons stood silently as they faced the other.

"I'll admit. I'm surprised you noticed the difference. But that won't matter when you die." Chara shot back, cocking their head to the side with a nonchalant shrug.

That was when all hell broke loose as they dodged, shot bones, slashed with knives, and used gravity magic to throw the other around. Suffice it to say, neither party were going to walk away without a broken bone or two.

An hour passes and Chara wasn't doing so well. Despite being very powerful, they were no match for someone with a high level of LV and Determination. At long last, the end of the battle arrives and she collapses on the ground, blood pouring from their cuts.

Dust didn't get away with nothing, his body covered in bruises and almost as many cuts. In fact, he was just barely standing.

Nightmare applauded them and chuckled darkly.

"Well done you two. Looks like we got a new member of the team."

He picked up Cross, Chara leaving his body in retreat.

"Now, we should get you two healed up. I don't want crippled staff."

The three were then teleported via shadow to their base.