Chapter- Thirteen

Blake's POV

I rushed to the hospital cursing every car and every person who came in my way  nearly killing myself in the process.

The thought of Ray lying in the hospital bed, unconscious and in pain is a lot to handle. I can feel the pain just by the image of it.

I care about her more than I've ever cared about any other girl.

And it kinda scares me. I don't want to screw what we have, whatever it is. I've fallen pretty damn hard for her.

I arrive at the hospital and rush towards the room she is in.

The scene in front of me broke my heart. Alexa sobbing hardly in Duke's chest. Duke's rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her, looks like it's not working.

But what actually broke my heart was the image of a lady sitting still on the chair closest to Ray's room.

I recognized her as Ray's mother. I've seen her pictures in Ray's phone. Her mother, who according to Ray and the stories I've heard about her is the strongest woman, dealing with whatever life threw at her with a smile, looked like a shell right now.

Her body still, his skin pale and her eyes held so much pain and fear.

I can't even think what is going in her head. She lost her husband and her daughter the same way.

In a car accident.

And now Ray is lying there unconscious, because of a car accident.

I sat down next to her.

"It'll be okay." I whispered.

She looked at me, trying to recognize me.

"I'm Blake, I'm Ray's.... Friend." I said.

She nodded still not saying anything.

"You know she'll not be happy to see you like this, it will break her heart. She see you as her role model. You need to be strong. For her." I said.

She looked at me for a minute then she said "Thank you." and smiled.

Just then the doctor came and her mother jumped of her seat. Even Alexa rushed to where we were standing.

"Doctor how is she!? " Her mother asked in a desperate voice.

"She's okay now though she needs a lot of rest." The doctor smiled.

"You guys can go see her one by one." He added.

Alexa squealed.

"You should go see her first, Blake." Ray's mother said looking at me.

I was about to deny when she added.

"I need to freshen up like you said, I can't let her see me like this." She smiled.

I looked towards Alexa asking if she wants to go in first.

"You can go first Blake and can you please give my dear best friend a head start and let her know that I'll kill her once I get my hands on her." Alexa said smiling.

I smiled at her and nodded.

I stared at the door.

Behind that door lies Ray. I was not ready to see her in that state just yet.

I don't want to see her in pain.

I don't want to see her cry.

"It's okay, take your time." Ray's mother squeezed my shoulder.

I mustered the courage and walked towards her room with a smile.

But the moment I entered the room and I realized just how bad the idea was.

Ray was lying there on the hospital bed which looked highly uncomfortable. Her eyes closed, her face pale, her body thin.

It broke my heart to see the girl who is always smiling and always talking to see like this.

I didn't even realized when the tears started streaming down my face.

I promised myself before entering this room that I'll not cry, that I won't let Ray see me like this.

I have to be strong for her.

But how can I not cry when the girl I liked the most is in pain.

Good thing she is still sleeping.

I kneeled beside her bed and took her hands in mine.

"Ray" I whispered.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that you are in pain right now and I can't do anything for you. It breaks my heart to see you like this. Please just once wake up and tell me you're okay. Please." I begged and started sobbing.

That's when I felt it. The slight movement of her fingers.

I looked at her face. She stirred in her sleep.

She was waking up. My heart started beating in my rib cage. It's like it will jump out of it.

A smile made it's way on my face. Tears still streaming down my cheeks.

And then.

She opened her eyes. She looked around in confusion trying to make sense of the things around her. And then her eyes widened in realization. Then she looked at me.

Her eyes clouded with questions again, she looked confused once again.

My heart started beating again but this time it was different. It was in fear, in pain.

Why is she looking at me like I'm an stranger to her??

I stared at her, my eyes begging her to recognize me.

Then she said.

"Um... Sorry, who are you!?  Can you... Eh... Please call my mother for me.!? "

Hola everyone!!!!  Did y'all like the chapter!? Hope you did!! Please like and comment.
Much love❤