Chapter Twenty

Everyone is preparing for the battle against the dead tonight I clean my sword and new armour I then put it to the side as Sansa walks in "the new armour looks good (Y/N)" she says "thank you but let's hope it can withstand the force it is going to take" I say "it better" she says "I'm not ready to lose this face" she jokes as she puts a hand on my face "I could say the same about you" I say as I bring her face closer to mine.  We slowly get closer to each other until we are interrupted by Jon and Daenerys walking in "apologies but I thought it would be better if we discuss where we are going to be in the battle" Jon says as Arya pushes Bran through the door on his chair with Theon behind the two of them "Bran will be in the gods wood guarded by Theon while Daenerys and I fly overhead" Jon says "whilst I defend the wall with the archers" I say "I will also be defending the wall" Arya says.

Timeskip 7 hours play the song above

Sansa and I stand by a fire staring at each other both of us realising that we might not survive the night we grab each other and kiss passionately for all too see we wrap our arms around each other the kiss last for minutes as we run our hands over each other until we have to separate for air we then rest our foreheads against each other until a horn echoes throughout the air signalling that the dead have arrived we all rush to our stations I stand by the wall and watch as all of our joined armies get into position I look in the distance to see the forces of the dead just out of sight they appear like a terrifying black cloud I stare of as Sansa stands by my side with Arya as everyone stares at them.  The wights slowly walk towards the barricade we all take deep breaths until eventually they reach the barricade, my plan works as multiple wights become stuck against the barricade and the rest bundle together to push past, the trebuchet's fire at them the impact knocks a lot of them over and sets some of the wights on fire but still they manage to get through the barricade.  The Dothraki charge forward with their flaming weapons killing a few of them each time the circle round until they are overrun very few manage to retreat behind the second barricade, I turn to Sansa "get in the Crypts and hide" I say "I'm not abandoning my men or you" she replies "you aren't abandoning anyone you will be supporting the people who are currently terrified" I say "here take this" Arya says as she hands Sansa a dragonglass dagger "I don't know how to use it" Sansa says "stick 'em with the pointy end" Arya replies as the archers prepare to fire.

The wights come into range and immediately we all fire on them killing a large amount of them however it barely makes a difference both the left and right flank have been overwhelmed and thousands of the dead remain  until Daenerys and Jon fly in on the back of the two dragons they both rain fire from above on the wights at the back and swiftly make their way to the front as the other archers and I fire on the ones that make it over the barricade this causes a large portion of wights to be burned.  Eventually like we expected they broke through too the last barricade and we now have to focus our efforts on lighting the barricade however all of our arrows do nothing "this must be the Night King doing this" I say "what are we going to do now" Davos says but before I can reply a woman dressed in red clothing walks out as everyone we have left retreat behind the walls, the woman puts her hands on the barricade as the dead charge at her until all the barricades burst into flames I stare in awe watching as wights slowly burn.

We don't have time to relax as the dead slowly find a way past the flaming barricade by smothering the flames with their own decaying bodies and to make matters worse the dragons are nowhere to be seen and a wight giant is now storming the gate.  It pounds it's fist against the wooden gate it rattles everything including the brick I'm currently standing on I look over to see the giant throwing it's weight against gate and after multiple attempts he bursts through the gate destroying the ground I'm standing on I fall off the wall and land flat on my back I groan in pain I move the small rubble off of me to hear the sound of screaming I look towards the origin of the sound to see Lyanna Mormont charging the giant with a dragonglass axe, the giant grabs her and slowly crushes her rib cage then with the last of her strength swings the axe into the giant's head killing the giant it falls to the ground and releases it's grip on the dead body of Lady Mormont as the rest of the wights swarm Winterfell "something tells me this is far from over" I say to myself as I get up.