"Conference room twelve. His mood seems bad. Here's the copy of the new version of the magazine. This is the updates from the architects. This is another list, just give that to him, no questions on that. If he asks for coffee, make sure you remind the kitchen staff to not put sugar. Breathe in and go."

Gauri blinked trying not to miss any detail. This is what walking into hell felt like. She quickly made her way to the conference room and knocked. His loud "come in" made her heart jerk in fear. She sent up a prayer as she walked in with small steps, taking care to make least possible noise.

He sat on a chair and across him sat a man on another chair. The man's expression made fear grow on Gauri's nerves. The man looked terrified and was sweating profusely. There was no one else in the room, just the three of them. She stood parallel to his chair, at a good three foot distance.

"Sir.." She stuttered. His piercing gaze on the man, folded sleeves of his shirt and loosened tie all were a possible hint of how terrible a situation she was in. She had seen him get a man beaten up at the back lawn of the mansion. Hopefully something like that wasn't happening at the moment.

"Stay there." He pointed to the side desk. Gauri quickly followed what she was asked to do. She turned away to not face him.

"Face this side." He said without looking at her. Gauri closed her eyes momentarily and turned back to face them again.

"Tell me. How much did they pay you? If you tell me honestly your pain will be less." He asked the man, almost screaming at his face. Gauri gulped in fear. His daunting cold voice sent shivers coursing through her nerves.

"Sir ,I did not.." The man stuttered. Too bad for him. Cause he received a real hard slap in his face. Gauri pressed her lips, to avoid her gasp. He hand clutching on to the table slightly.

"How many companies did you sell the plan to? I need the number."

"Sir..I didn't.." The man tried again.

Gauri quickly closed her eyes halfway expecting what could come. When she heard the man groan, she opened her eyes again. She wanted to runaway at the moment. This could get so much worse.

She simply tried taking a step away. He glanced at her and she stood rooted to the spot at once. Dam the devil.

"Gauri, could you please fetch us two cups of steaming hot coffee. Black. Things get better with coffee." he spoke in his sweetest tone. Gauri couldn't believe that tone to be true. She hurried out of the room. Once out she took a deep breath. This man was as diabolic as she had assumed in her nightmares. She quickly walked over to the kitchen and called out to the man requesting for two cups of black coffee. The man gave her a dreadful look and filtered the coffee into two cups. He put it on a tray and handed it to her. Gauri knew there was no point saying anything against Devil to anyone. She walked back.

* * *

Gauri placed the tray on the small table between the two chairs.

"Sir I've.." she started observing the quiet in the room. "design--upda-tes" she stuttered as he fixed his hard gaze on her.

"Stay." his tone was freezing cold. Certainly not the kind you argue with.She went back to the side table and stood there.

"Is it too hot?" he asked her staring at the man.

"It is." Gauri could barely get voice out of her mouth. She stared at the evaporating vapor from the coffee.

"Did you hear that?" Omkara spoke to the man. He picked up one cup. "It would be enough to burn.."

Gauri's mouth fell open in shock. Omkara pulled his hand holding the cup steadily backwards. "How many companies?

"Siiirr--"the man stammered.

"Say the truth. " Gauri screamed unable to take the scene. His intentions were clear. He was going to pour the steaming coffee on the man.

"three companies. Two lakhs each." the man shouted almost crying.

Omkara turned his sharp gaze on her and then back at the man keeping the cup down. He pressed the redial button on the landline phone and seconds later two men walked in and carried the man out.

Gauri rubbed her lower face with her palm and stared at him wide eyed. He got up and walked over to his huge mahogany desk with the second cup of coffee in his hand.

He leaned against his desk sipping from the cup, while his eyes were on her. "New Design?"

Gauri blinked.

He smiled a little despite the scorching burn on his tongue. "Gauri. New design." he said in a rather calm tone. Like he'd been doing nothing minutes ago.

Gauri wiped the sweat off her face, gulping the lump that had formed in her throat. He extended his left hand. Gauri walked closer, just close enough to be able to hand him the magazine.

He turned and placed it on the table flipping the pages. "good to go."

"Fill me on the updates." he said turning back to face her, taking yet another sip." The architect- firm has -estimated - a design- time of at least - a month." Gauri uttered.

"Darling, I don't have the whole day!" he spoke looking at her nervous face. Gauri parted her lips and took a deep breath. Trying to forget what just happened and muster her courage.

"Sweetheart, get used to it." Saying that he turned to his table grabbing the cordless phone. "Send the next in."

He turned back to find her staring at him. He smirked taking a step closer and her body tensed up. He took the papers from her hand. "I need you to notify all the senior managers of every department that there will be a meeting tomorrow. I will be there. " She nodded carefully observing every little of his movement. "Send the mails." She stood rooted at the spot nodding. 

"Now." he leaned slightly over her as he added. Gauri quickly made it to the side desk and sat behind the table. He grinned and continued sipping his coffee. Things always got better with steaming cup of black coffee.

 Things always got better with steaming cup of black coffee

How do the diabolical waters feel?

–Anami!🖤