Kristine felt a lot more lively after her shower. It was fairly late in the evening, but this was the best and most energetic she'd felt all day. "I think I can officially say my hangover is gone." She said proudly.

"Well that's good. Just in time for bed." Danielle laughed receiving a scowl in response. Kristine plopped down next to her, tucking her feet under her body.

"It's hardly time for bed." She said after some time.

"Not really, I was just teasing. What would you like to do?" Danielle smiled innocently.

"Hmm dinner and a movie?" Kristine replied.

"Sounds like a date" Danielle winked and walked to the kitchen. Kristine blushed at the comment and turned to watch Danielle.

"Why did you say that?" Kristine wondered.

"Say what?" Danielle asked, confused. She opened the fridge, surveying their options.

"That it sounds like a date?" Kristine implored.

"It's just a figure of speech, Kristine."

"Oh." Kristine blushed again. Why did the idea of a date with Danielle sound so...appealing.

They ate at the couch while watching a movie. Danielle could feel Kristine's eyes on her every so often and it started to make her self conscious.

"Do I have food on my face or something?" Danielle asked, wiping a napkin across her mouth.

"What? No." Kristine said quickly looking away.

"I can feel you watching at me" She said looking at the woman who looked everywhere but Danielle's eyes. Danielle shrugged and went back to her food. "Alright then. Keep your secrets."

Kristine quietly ate staring intently at her food. She wasn't sure why her gaze kept flicking to the woman beside her. She wasn't sure what she was feeling when she looked at Danielle.

"Well now you're super quiet. Is something wrong?" Danielle asked softly.

"No nothing."

"You're blushing?" Danielle pointed out.

"Am I?" Kristine replied feigning ignorance. "That's weird."

"No, you're being weird. What's up?"

"Nothing, I swear." Kristine said hoping Danielle would drop it and thankfully she did. They finished up dinner then went back to watching the movie quietly. Danielle had seen the film before and took the dishes to the sink, curiously watching Kristine from a distance. She wondered what the woman was thinking, but didn't want to press the issue.

The end credits started to roll as Danielle returned to the living room. Without the distraction of the movie, things felt awkward. "Um should we watch something else?" Danielle asked.

"No, I think I'm done watching t.v. for the night. It turns your brain to mush after a while." Kristine chuckled.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Danielle replied, rubbing the back of her head. The silence had never seemed so loud before, but at the moment it felt deafening. Danielle almost sighed in relief when Kristine broke it.

"Can I ask you something..kind of personal?" Kristine said.

"Yeah sure, ask away." Danielle said.

"Do you ever get..urges?" Kristine asked searching for the right word.

"Urges?" Danielle repeated. She didn't expect that to be the woman's question. Was she asking if she ever got horny?

"Yeah. You know, like physically?" Kristine said, blushing in indication that she was indeed asking what Danielle thought.

Danielle laughed softly. "Are you asking if I get horny? Because if so, then yes of course. I'm only human." Kristine was so embarrassed by her own question. She wished she hadn't said anything, she knew her face was probably beet red. Danielle's blunt answer only added to the embarrassment.

"Sorry." Kristine mumbled and moved to stand. She wanted to run away, hide.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for." Danielle said reaching for the woman's hand to keep her from leaving. Things were getting interesting and she wondered where Kristine's train of thought was going. "And you can talk to me about anything. No judgements."

Kristine gently pulled her hand away, but sat back down with a sigh. "It's all just so confusing." She said after a while.

"What's confusing?"

"Everything! Up until now I've lived an incredibly sheltered life. Things that are normal and instinctive to literally everyone, make no sense to me. I feel like a fish out of water." Kristine vented.

"You've made a really big change. It will take some time getting used to." Danielle replied with a reassuring smile. Kristine sighed and leaned back against the couch, letting her head fall back. Danielle wasn't sure how to respond. She put a hand on Kristine's thigh and rubbed gently.

"That confuses me." Kristine mumbled, the sound muffled by her hands over her face.

Danielle's hand stopped moving and rested on Kristine's knee. She pulled away as the woman looked at her from between her fingers. "I'm sorry. I don't really know what you need right now."

Kristine dropped her hands to her knees and blew a raspberry into the air. "I don't know either. I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Ok, good night" Danielle replied automatically. Now she was confused too. She was terrible at reading people. "Oh hey, tomorrow you start work." She said with a soft laugh, trying to ease the tension she was suddenly feeling.

Kristine looked back over her shoulder and smiled. "Sounds good. Good night."