~Short 2~

...............
(Hopea POV)

"Mommy!" I shrieked when I saw her walk out of the bedroom. She was wearing a little makeup, but I glared when I saw what she was wearing. She was wearing a deep and royal purple cocktail dress with black slip on flats.

My lips went out in a pout and I felt the itch to scratch something. My hands at my sides were pumping open and closed.

Seeing my expression, she giggled and walked over to me. Her hand rested on my head between my ears as she moved it in a slow and soothing pattern. It felt so nice that I could cry.

"Mommy! Why?" I asked as I played with the soft fabric of her dress. Wishing that I had my claws out to let it know what I thought of it.

"I know it's purple." She said. Her voice was soft and pleasant. "But it's my only good dress."

I hmph'd and gave it the evil eye. The dress, while looking good on her, was now my current enemy. "When you get home, I'm gonna shred it!"

She chuckled and pulled me into a tight hug. "And I'm sure you will."

I blinked. She wasn't mad at me for declaring her only dress my enemy? I snuggled into her, and smelled something different on her.

What is that? My nose started to work as I pushed it into her throat. It was, (Sniff, sniff), something minty, (Sniff, sniff), and soapy, (sniff, sniff), mixed in with her citrus scent.

I heard her giggle. "Stop it! That tickles." Even though she said that, she didn't push me away.

I felt my mouth hang open as my tongue stuck out at the tip as I looked up at her. The colours that I saw were brighter and more sparkling.

"Mommy..." I began to sniff her again as I clung to her. I didn't want to her to leave me. Even if she was going somewhere I couldn't go, I wanted to hold on and stay like this. "Do you haf ta go? Do you haf ta weave me?"

"Yes, but it's only for a little while." She said as she let go of me and turned to sissy Cheyanne. "Please take care of my little pea for me, okay."

"I will..." Cheyanne said and pulled me away from mommy.

"Mommy no!" I made grabby hands and reached for mommy. She had never gone anywhere without me before, and I was afraid she was going to leave me. She gave me a sad looking smile and walked out the door.

Cheyanne giggled and turned to me. "Mommy will be home soon. Why not play some cards and watch a movie or two?"

And before I knew it, it was getting close to midnight. I was cuddled against Cheyanne and we both had a tall cup of chocolate milk. Mine was in a cute hot pink sippy cup that said "mama's girl" in bright gold and glittery letters.

I didn't know what the movie was that we were watching, I only knew that I was warm and safe as I leaned against Cheyanne. My eyes closing.

I desperately tried to keep them open because I wanted to be awake when mommy came home...