~My Demons~

...............

~I cannot stop this sickness taking over. It takes control and drags me into nowhere. I need a saviour to heal my pain when I become my worst enemy. The enemy.~

...............

(Heather POV)

I didn't say anything and neither did she as I just walked numbly into my bedroom. I just didn't want to listen to her excuses. I didn't want this pain, damn it!

I rejected what she had done, because no one ever does anything without the hope of getting something in return.

Flopping onto my bed, I stared at the ceiling numbly. It was as if nothing was real. Like everything was imaginary.

Immediately, as if on cue, my tears started to flow and I couldn't hold back my sobbing anymore. My mind whirling with thoughts and memories, memories that played almost nightly.

...What a crybaby. Your mommy didn't hug you enough so you cry and throw a temper tantrum...

...The kids all standing around me as I was just beat remorselessly and holding myself close...

...N-no! I'm not a crybaby! It just... Hurts...

...I hate you! All you ever do is fuck things up for everyone involved. You should just disappear...

...Why would anyone want to be YOUR friend? You're a sick weirdo...

...So! I like to read books! Is that so... Wrong...?

...Look, there's the shy and quiet one. Let's strangle her with a shoelace! No one will ever find out...

...They did WHAT to you? I don't think they did. You're just lying to get attention...

...No please! They really did! I'm not lying...

...Just get out of my office and go home, you are officially on a weeklong suspension...

...But I...

...GET OUT!

I curled myself up into a little ball and started to cry harder. Wrapping the pillow over my head, I went into a fetal position. Crying hard and screaming into my pillow.

"Please make the memories stop!" I shouted to no one in particular. "Please, just stop. I don't want to feel the pain anymore..."

But they didn't stop...

...............

"Oh? You're sick are you? Just get to work. There's no one to cover for you." My boss said with a cruel smirk.

"Why...?" I hung my head and then clenched my fists. I had been throwing up all day and just needed a break. I had covered for so many people. Taking double or even triple shifts so that they could have their sick time. Why couldn't even just one of them cover for me?

"If you don't come into work, then consider yourself fired."

...............