-10-

I was on the ground with my face covered by my hands. Keith had taken an axe that was nearby and surrounded by chopped and un-chopped wooden logs, and he swung it hard and it lodged into Kaleb's chest.

"Rebecca.." Keith called out my name softly.

"It's okay, Rebecca. Just look, it'll be alright," Kaleb spoke calmly and my hands were removed from my face by Keith who was peering down at me with a comforting smile. He stepped to the side and I saw that Kaleb's chest was healed underneath the slash in his shirt that would've matched the gash the axe left. But Kaleb was fully healed, no blood pouring out or anything.

"Why are you guys playing these tricks on me?!" I raised my trembling voice at them, tears falling down my face. Keith helped me stand up, but I quickly yanked myself away from his grip. "T-There's no way a human can do any of that.." I was too much in a state of shock, I couldn't even process what was happening and my entire body was trembling.

"You're right." Keith told me as he stepped forward and I took a step back. "There's absolutely no way that a human can do that. But that's because we're not. We're vampires."

When I heard him tell me that they were vampires, I busted out laughing. I bet I looked like a maniac. I looked up at both of them not believing a word Keith just told me, and they both had serious expressions on their face.

"Don't believe us?" Kaleb asked as he tilted his head at me. He lifted his hand up and his nails shifted into long claws and he opened his mouth where I saw his canine teeth suddenly grow long and sharp.

This was too much for my body to bear. My head was spinning and I felt my body go light and the world around grew fuzzy and dark.

"Rebecca?"

Everything went black.

***

When I woke up, my head was hurting and my throat was dry. I was under the sheets of a different bed, and when I glanced around the room, I noticed I was in Kaleb's room. At the end of the bed sat both Keith and Kaleb with their backs to me. As soon as I slowly sat up, they both turned to look at me.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked me as he came up to me, reaching for my hand, but I pulled it away.

"No, I'm not okay. I have no idea what is going on right now. I really don't know if I was just seeing things or maybe I was drugged up, but how could I just suddenly believe you guys are vampires? It's too bizarre."

"We knew you wouldn't believe us," Kaleb commented as he crossed his arms while he stood behind Keith. "You think we wanted to tell you?"

"So you guys were just going to keep this from me for however long we're together?" I didn't know why it mattered so much to me about them keeping secrets. Clearly, I should've just left it a secret because I put my body into shock.

"We wanted to eventually tell you.. we wanted to ease you into the possibility that we weren't actually humans. But because of Diana already revealing to you that she isn't, it made it hard for us," Keith serenely explained to me. He reached for my hand again and this time, I let him take it. He gently wrapped his fingers around my hand.

"We just had to reveal it all to you and hope for the best," Kaleb chimed in with a shrug of his shoulders. I sighed as I nodded my head. My mind felt a bit clearer now, and things were starting to fall back into their places.

"Okay, but I also want to know why you lied to me and said that Keith was in Montana when he really was here at the house," I said as I looked at Kaleb first and then Keith.

"Vampires crave human blood," Keith responded before Kaleb could. "But we both try our best to stay away from that, and the result of it is, is that there are periods of time where our bodies will grow uncontrollable and go crazy with the desire of human blood. Our bodies go into a weakened state, which makes us vulnerable to any sort of attacks."