-4-

I didn't tell Debby about what happened. I couldn't. I was finally over Debby's traitorous act yesterday when she had the Korren brothers take me home, so that wasn't the reason for stopping me. I thought it was unbelievable to me that these brothers wanted to share me as a girlfriend, and I was very certain that if I explained that to Debby, she wouldn't understand it either. She'd probably think it was bizarre and I was making the whole thing up.

"Earth to Becky?" Debby waved her hand in front of my face. We were eating breakfast in the cafeteria, and this time it was a bowl of plain oatmeal with the ability to choose the toppings you wanted. I chose peaches and bananas and I dumped a packet of granola clusters into the bowl. Debby put all these toppings on hers like apples, strawberries, blueberries, raisins, and granola.

"Sorry, I was just wondering what grade I got on the lab in chemistry after you forced me to work with them." She chuckled at my explanation as she ate a giant spoonful of her oatmeal.

"I did not force you, I only merely suggested for you to do it," she defended herself as she batted her eyelashes at me, trying to look innocent and harmless. I took my wadded up napkin and I threw it at her. Her hand immediately went up and she blocked it. "How dare you attack your best friend?" She asked jokingly as she made an over exaggerated face of shock.

"After I learned of quite the traitor she has become," I answered as I mixed around my oatmeal some more with my spoon. She gasped as a hand went to her chest.

"I am not a traitor."

"Yes you are."

"How?"

"When you made me get a ride from them! You were supposed to take me home, but I ended up getting stuck with those two dimwits. I was extremely miserable. How could you do that to me, Debby?" I was half-joking about the entire thing. I mean, I was already passed it all, so there were no point in getting upset at it again. That would be a waste of energy and time.

"I'm sure it wasn't even that bad. Besides, I was actually supposed to tell you that," she leaned in closer to me and lowered her voice, "I got a ride from Josh last night." She smiled, like a woman drunk in love, and she played with her wavy red hair.

"Really? How'd it go? I must know!"

"He knows that I turn 18 this year, and he told me he'd wait in the meantime. He said he really likes me and that he wants to do this right without any worries about repercussions in the future. I agreed with him on that, so we made a deal to just be friends for now." I could tell she was disappointed by that, but I knew that she was too happy in general that it overshadowed her disappointment. I'm sure that Debby didn't mind waiting either. After all, all these years she had a crush on Josh, she probably could wait a few more months. And if they truly cared for each other, it'd be worth it.

"Aww, Debby.. I'm 100% supportive of that. Once you're 18, you'll both be able to do what you guys want to do. I think that's the best decision you guys have made," I told her my honest opinion and she nodded her head, gently smiling at me. I smiled back as I reached over and gave her hand a supportive squeeze.

"So what about you?" Debby asked me just as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and placed it down on the table.

"What about me?"

"You have the Korren boys now, and they seem very interested. Do you maybe want to date one of them? Or both of them, depending on your preference?" She teased me as she wiggled her eyebrows at me. I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not, but her question had butterflies float around in my stomach. It made me wonder if she would be open to that idea of dating both of them.