Chapter 50: Ordinary (ish)

Outside the classroom, in the hallway, it was peaceful. It would have been perfect if it hadn't been for one thing. A silver-haired boy. The moment he saw me, he had a gun up against my forehead.

"What are you doing outside?" He snarled, the gun pressing harder against my forehead. I glared at him.

"What does it matter to you? You shouldn't be out here either." Zero hardly seemed to care.

"You don't belong here," Zero's eyes was dark with anger. "Not in this building. Go back to the Moon Dorm, or better yet, turn into dust." The words stung slightly, even though they had come from Zero.

"Zero? Saki?" Yuki stood there, her innocent brown eyes watching the two of us a little way back.

"It's nothing," Zero snapped. "Go back to the classroom." Yuki's eyes filled with concern.

"Zero, I wanted to ask about Ichi-" His face a mask of anger, Zero turned and marched down the hallway in large angry strides.

"Zero, wait!" Yuki began running after him, leaving me to be the lone spectator.

At least it was quiet now. I sat down with a thump against the corridor wall, leaning my head back against the wall.

Then another set of footsteps appeared. Kaname. I didn't even need to look. The blood bond between us was constantly alert, warning me whenever he was close. This time was no exception.

I didn't move from my spot, even when Kaname was right in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked, glaring up at him.

"I was looking for Yuki," his quiet voice replied. "Is she in the classroom?" I tilted my head in the direction Zero had gone.

"She went after Zero." Kaname's eyes change slightly, darkening with, anger? Jealousy? It was probably jealousy. Kaname was obviously in love with her.

He didn't head off to find Yuki like I had expected him to. In fact, he just stood next to me, leaning against the wall, his arms crossed.

"You can transfer back to the Night Class if you want," Kaname said, watching the wall in front of him. "I wouldn't object."

"No thank you," I replied stonily. "I'm happy here."

"Do you mind Ichiru being in your class?" Kaname suddenly asked. I looked up at him in confusion.

"Why do you ask?"

"I can only hope that you will watch him carefully," Kaname continued, ignoring my question. "I can feel him beginning to revive fully."

"Ichiru?" I was confused. What was Kaname talking about?

"You'll also be in danger as well," Kaname continued, ignoring me once again. "That's why when the time comes, you have to make sure you're ready."

What was he going on about?

Kaname began to walk away, striding back down the corridor.

"Hold on a second," I called after him. "What are you talking about?" Kaname simply looked back, a small smile playing on his lips. He disappeared around the corner of the hallway, and I wasn't in the mood to chase him. A theory began forming in my mind. Kaname Kuran was going mad.

Back in the classroom, I stared into space at the teacher, none too aware of Ichiru next to me, and the whispers of Day Class girls around me.

"Can you see the way he chews his pencil? It's so cute!"

"Why do you think he sat next to Saki? Do you think he likes her?"

"That would be sad, I mean, he's so cute, but Saki is really pretty-"

"Ladies," the teacher coughed, turning from the chalkboard. "If you don't mind?"

"Sorry," the girls chorused. I recognised one of them from before, when two Day Class girls were bugging me about Yagari.

"Now class, see here the diagram of the ancient monarchies in the world. Some were based off a pyramid with the aristocrats up high, and the..." the teacher's voice faded away as I began drifting off again. Kaname was going mad, talking about some danger coming up. I had to find a dress for the end-of-term ball. Ichiru had joined the Day Class. Maria was sharing a room with me. Yuki and Zero-

"Saki," Ichiru's voice hissed at me. "The teacher's asking you a question." I jolted straight up, almost knocking Ichiru aside in the process.

"Uh, yes?" I looked at the teacher nervously. "What was the question?" The teacher did not look pleased at all.

"I was asking you, how many different ranks were there in the medieval era?" Uh, let's see. I vaguely remembered it from my homework the time I got tutored by Hanabusa.

"Uh, five?" I offered. The teacher didn't look impressed.

"Name them."

"Royalty, nobility, knights, commoners, peasants," I recited. I couldn't even remember if they were right, I just got them off the top of my head.

"Very well, Saki. You would do better to listen in class however," the teacher's reprimand came, as small twitters rose from different parts of the classroom. He turned back to his notes and the lesson, talking about how knights were often favoured by one lady or another in duels or whatever.

"That was close," Ichiru breathed, turning to me with a friendly smile. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Way too close."

"And class is over," the teacher finally announced, snapping his book shut. "I expect you all to do the homework from page 189 to 191. That's all for today, have a nice day."

Students began to file out of the classroom, chatting animatedly and laughing over some joke. I in the meantime, had walked out of the door, making plans to go to the modelling agency in town to find a dress. I wanted to drop my stuff off and change before leaving though, so headed to the Moon Dorm first. Five minutes later, I walked out of the Moon Dorm, wearing casual clothes and a bag over my shoulder.

Time to find a dress.

So, just to say thanks to you all for reading, commenting and voting. I really appreciate it all, like really, I do, I'm mentally jumping with joy every time I see that someone's voted (call it overreaction but I don't care)! Thank you to those people who actually commented one which dress was best, hugs and cookies for you all. For the rest, I suppose I can't force you, so yeah XD Updates are going to be slower since my exams are in two days :C I don't even know why I'm still writing. I should be studying, but it's probably so you wonderful peeps can read it XD

~Evil_Incubator