Chapter 47: Ichiru

Inside the Moon Dorm, it was completely dark. Not that it mattered anyway. Being a vampire has the advantage of seeing perfectly fine in the dark. That is why they sometimes call us, 'Children of the Night'.

Kaname would be at the Moon Dorm soon, so I wanted to get to my room quickly. I needed a shower anyway.

Padding my way up the stairs, leaving sodden footprints in my wake, I jumped as lightning flashed, lighting up the whole room briefly. As I started, my foot slipped over one of the small puddles I had made.

I slipped over, my arms flailing wildly, unable to grab hold of anything. For the second time today.

Here we go again, I thought, as I flew through the air, bracing myself for the impact.

Just as I closed my eyes, hands caught me.

Oh no, not Kaname again. I struggled wildly, trying to get up, out of his grasp.

"Steady now," a voice said with amusement. "I'm not trying to kidnap you." The sound of the voice stopped me struggling, and I looked up in surprise. Was that...Zero?

He wore a mask that covered his eyes and nose, but not his mouth. Silvery-white hair fringed the edges of the mask, dangling down as he stared down at me.

"Zero?" I managed to utter. The mouth curved into a thin smile.

"I'm afraid not." In one graceful movement, he set me back onto my feet, on the stair in front of him. "My name is Ichiru." He swept a graceful bow, and I watched in stunned silence.

"You are?" The pale lips inquired, qwerking up in a small smile.

"Saki Minagawa," I hastily introduced. The lavender eyes peeking through the eyeholes of the mask looked thoughtful.

"Are you Maria Kurenai's roommate by any chance?" How did he know?

"Yes," I replied cautiously. "Do you know her?"

"Indeed," Ichiru's face had a hint of amusement. "Well, I won't bother you anymore. I'll see you around." He turned to go back down the stairs, his tall, graceful form moving like water over rocks- what was I thinking?

Shaking my head, I continued up the stairs, more cautiously this time.

Twisting the door knob, I swung open the door, to be greeted by another dark room. Where was Maria?

Then I saw her form, lying in bed. She was asleep.

As quietly as I could, I made my way to my wardrobe, taking out my night clothes.

"Saki?" I guess I just wasn't quiet enough.

"Um, yeah? Sorry to wake you. Don't mind me." I heard Maria yawn as she sat up, the bed creaking slightly under her.

"It's okay, I couldn't really sleep anyway."

"Oh, ok, well, I was just going to have a shower," I moved towards the bathroom, pushing open the door. "Try to sleep a bit at least." Maria giggled behind me and said something, but I didn't hear, as I closed the bathroom door behind me.

Stepping out of the shower in a puff of steam, I stared at the mirror above the sink. The face that stared back at me was a girl's face, with wet dark hair which clung to her scalp. Her dark brown eyes stared soulfully back at me, a mixture of confusion and curiousity, with some regret.

"Did you meet Ichiru?" Maria asked me as soon as I came out of the bathroom, my hair dry and wearing my pyjamas.

"Yeah," I replied, going to my bed. I didn't mention that he saved me from falling down the stairs.

"Isn't he adorable?" Maria sighed. "I am really glad that I met him." I looked up at that.

"You like him?" I thought I saw Maria smile.

"Of course," she replied easily. "Don't you?"

"Well, he seems nice," I began lamely. "I suppose I do like him." Maria grinned in the dark, her white teeth flashing slightly.

"Did you know that he is Zero's twin brother?" Now that made me stop.

"That was him? Zero's twin?" Maria giggled again.

"Yup, you seem so surprised. I thought you would have figured out."

"Well, he does look similar to Zero. He never mentioned it though," I replied slowly. "I thought he was Zero at first." Maria gave another giggle (what is with her and giggles?).

"I know, isn't it adorable?" She replied happily. "Ichiru is joining soon, and he'll be in the day class-with Zero!" She seemed thoroughly overjoyed about that, but that perplexed me.

"How come Ichiru and Zero didn't come together?" I asked. Something in my stomach said that Shizuka Hio's attack had something to do with it.

"That's not for you to know," Maria suddenly replied firmly, her voice edged with thinly veiled coldness. I stared at her in confusion. Why did she turn so cold all of a sudden?

"You know that other girl, Yuki," Maria began again, her cold edge lost. "She looks awfully tasty." Now she was happy again. What was going on?

"You probably shouldn't say that," I warned Maria. "We don't drink the blood of any humans at the academy."

Maria was silent for a bit. I took this as an opportunity to lie down on my bed. As I moved, my hand brushed past something. It was small and papery.

Picking it up, I read it, staring through the darkness, and deciphering the words.

'Starstruck modelling', it read. Oh right, the job offer. I would have to think about it.

Hi everyone! Sorry about taking so long to update XD I was rather busy. So, I shall ask you the question again. Which dress should Saki wear? For those of you who did reply, I thank you greatly. For those who didn't, please comment and say which one you like best. *looks at you hopefully*

Ok, that's it. More updates will be coming along XD Thanks for reading!

~Evil_Incubator