Chapter 11: Shizuka Hio

"What are you doing in the day class?!" Zero hissed at me, a gun pointed at my forehead, "Monsters belong in the Night Class." I forced myself to stay calm. He wouldn't kill me, he couldn't.

After he had dragged me out of the pack of girls (and boy), he dragged me off into the thicket of trees dotting the academy. There, he pointed a gun at me.

Then I remembered who Shizuka Hio was. I heard about her from the Senate, when they came, after hearing that I had been turned into a vampire.

Uncontrollable, they said she was, caged and fed with human sacrifices. She was beautiful though, pale hair and... lavender eyes.
It could just be a coincidence though, that Zero had the same eyes. No, it's not just about the eyes, he just seemed to know her, like he was connected to her almost. I'll just have to find out myself.
Keeping my voice steady and calm, I asked.
"Who is Shizuka Hio to you?" The effect was immediate. Zero's eyes widened, but the gun stayed steady, still aimed at forehead.
Then his eyes glowed red. Gasping, he dropped the gun, and collapsed, crouching, clutching himself and tensing up, as if in pain. Then I realized there was the smell of blood. Blood.

"Zero!" Yuki suddenly darted to Zero's side out of nowhere. Seeing him in all that pain, she looked up at me wide-eyed.
"What did you do to him?" She whispered, shocked at the pain Zero was in. Then I saw the bandage on the side of her neck and her hand.
"Who bit you?" Yuki looked unsure, and glanced at Zero. Then I understood.
Looking at Zero, I smirked.
"Look who's the monster here."
Turning, I left the two of them. Zero will be fine. Then another question came to mind. Which pureblood vampire bit Zero then? It was then I realised, I already had the answer.