Chapter 32: Problems

I returned to the Moon Dorm, my arms aching and sore. I might be a vampire, but even I have my limits.

"Saki," Kaname's calm voice reached me as I opened the front door. "You have to go for your lesson with Hanabusa now." I almost fell over. I forgot. I would be spending the next two hours with an idiot, trying to learn stuff. How am I going to live?

"Not just yet," Takuma's cheerful voice interrupted my small cloud of despair. "I have an announcement to make." Passing the front door, I noticed that all the other vampires in the Night Class were there. Most of them ignored me, turning to look at Takuma, while pretending I wasn't there.

"I want you all to come to my birthday party," Takuma announced happily. "It will be tomorrow night, sorry for the late notice, but I was a bit preoccupied." Was he also inviting me? Or was he ignoring me like the rest of the night class?

Takuma caught my eye, and smiled.

"Don't worry, Saki," he reassured me, as though reading my thoughts. "You're invited as well. In fact, the whole Moon Dorm is invited!" He seemed so cheerful, despite the surprised looks some of the other aristocrats were giving me. Especially Ruka and Hanabusa. Akatsuki looked as bored as usual, leaning against the sofa Ruka sat on, and Senri and Rima were their usual sleepy selves, and Seiren was nowhere in sight. Hanabusa was giving me death glares, no doubt from the fact that he was the one stuck giving me private lessons.

Another thought hit me, as I thought of everything that was going on. Tomorrow would be Takuma's party. That means I would need some kind of outfit. Which I didn't have.

Well, I thought, there was no way I was going to ask Ruka for an outfit. She would probably just sniff and walk away. So....what other girls were there? There was Seiren and Rima. Rima just wasn't the kind of person I would approach, being all quiet and sleepy. Seiren, I could never find her. I didn't even know if she made ever herself public.

That point made, I guess I have no choice, but to shop for a dress. Unless I could find something in my bags. Maybe Mum packed something that I could wear.

The other vampires had gone off somewhere, I have no idea. All that left was Ruka, sitting on the couch, Hanabusa on the oppposite couch, Kaname leaning against the staircase, and Takuma sitting next to Hanabusa.

"I'm going to my room," I muttered, rushing up the stairs to my room, before anyone could stop me. As I entered it, I immediately headed to the my closet, where I began searching through the line of clothes hung up there. I think there might have been a dress somewhere.

I frowned, as I kept rummaging, only finding jeans, or t-shirts. Where was a dress when I needed one? I wasn't sure how much money I had on me, and I'm pretty sure that dresses were quite expensive, depending on the style.

Finally, I sat down with a thump. This was taking ages. Then I wondered why I was so worried about finding an outfit. I mean, it was only Takuma's birthday party. No doubt he looks down on me as well, so why would they care if I turned up in some dodgy clothes? Or it could be that they were expecting it. Maybe that's why. I wanted to show them all that I wasn't just some vampire that was ex-human. That I was worthy of respect. Well, this isn't going to get them to respect me any time soon.

Finally lying down completely, I stared up at my ceiling. I had a room to myself, unlike Ruka and Rima who shared a room. I would have thought I would be sharing with Seiren, but apparently she prefers a room alone. All the other females in the Night Class had already paired up, leaving me as an odd one out. Or maybe they just told me that. Either way, I had a room alone, which is where I lay, contemplating my dresslessness, and how I was going to solve this.