12: GIVE ME SOMETIME

SUNDAY

LATER AT THE EVENING

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Okay Luke dear, come let's go home. Juvia and Gray thank you for taking care of him throughout the day."

Lucy simply thanked her friends wholeheartedly.

Juvia who had the toddler in her arms as the little boy refused to let go of his new found lovely aunt.

"It's okay Lucy-san. We were really happy to take care of this sweetie. He's such a good and lovely boy. We hardly had any tough time with him."

Juvia praised the little boy while the toddler hugged her and kissed her cheeks.

"Aw looks like he's really got attached to you. Come dear, let's go home. Auntie and uncle must be tired."

Lucy tried her best to convince her son.

Meanwhile both the male sat on the couch and watched the scene in front of them.

"He's really your son. Don't need a DNA test to prove the fact. Geez, he made me his pet horse and rided my back for a long time."

Gray said as he rubbed his aching back.

"Hahaha....Ice-princess is getting old. That's why he's complaining of his back pain. Oh my gosh, you didn't even start enjoying your life and already complaining about back pain." Natsu mocked him.

Gray protested grasping the double meaning in his friend's statement,

"Shut up, that's just a muscle cramp because I hardly do any workout these day. This reminds me to start my workout. And whose old, you idiot? You are the one whose old. Shut up and mind your work." Gray glared at his friend.

Natsu laughed mockingly to irritate Gray which he succeeded.

Then he diverted his attention to something important,

"Hey Gray, did you tell Juvia about Stella?"

Gray covered his mouth with his palms and gestured him to low down his voice, "No, I didn't."

Natsu rolled his eyes, then Gray removes his hand, "Why?"

"I don't want her to think I'm just loving her because Stella is with someone now."

Gray sincerely stated his reason.

Natsu patted his shoulder, "Listen up Gray, from this thing itself it's evident you love her. You just say to her about this Stella.
Why I'm saying this because by this way, Juvia would be clear that the way your are behaving with her now is not due to friendship but more than that.
Believe if she does think herself as rebound, it's your duty to prove it to her that its otherwise."

Gray slowly took in his friend's advice and nodded his head, "I get it. Even dad told me the same. Now I have to earn her love. I will do that tonight itself. So how was your date?"

Gray smirked for which Natsu blushed slightly.

"I must say today was a much needed break from the work and my kid. We feel rejuvenated. Thanks for taking care of him. Fine, we will get going, love birds."

Natsu laughed as he wantedly shouted the last word which caught the girls attention while Gray blushed.

"Hey Natsu, come help me in convincing this little dragon. He's not letting go of Juvia."

Lucy called out for her husband.

As soon as Natsu came and showed his arms wide open, the little boys eyes sparkled and launched himself on his dad and hugged him.