chapter thirteen 』

Start from the beginning

"Taehyung...do you have feelings for Jungkook?" Jimin asked, as Taehyung had began to calm down from the big splash of water that Jimin had pushed toward him.

Jungkook, looked up to meet Yoongi's eyes, with his ruffled and wet hair with drips falling down from the tips. He was taken back from the question. He didn't even know himself. For some reason, despite his brain telling himself the word love and the meaning behind it was all part of a fake and imaginary fairytale, there was a connection. Then, he hung his head low and avoided his hyung's questioning eyes.

Taehyung's face was soaked with water, as the sunlight beamed down on him like a spotlight on a stage. His smile didn't falter, the curves of his mouth only rose a little higher, and a red hue rose to his cheeks. Taehyung hoped his blush wasn't as visible as he felt like it was, feeling a strong heat and beads of sweat form onto the smooth surface of his skin, disregarding the lake.

The truth was he did like Jungkook a lot. The only reason why he was lying sometimes was because he noticed how uncomfortable Jungkook was about the topic, giving him mixed signals and emotions even through his innocence. He also didn't want to ruin what they already had.

"I'm still sorting myself out hyung," Jungkook said.

"I do, but Kookie is always uncomfortable when hyungs bring it up. Kookie doesn't like me like that," Taehyung responded to Jimin, while staring at his toes and fingers that were beginning to prune up.

Jimin held his hands, and tried to keep Taehyung's hopes up. "Jungkook is just confused, give him a little time okay Tae? It's difficult since his family is complicated and you know that his asthma doesn't help either. Know that through all that, your the only that can make him smile and be happy. Jungkook always loves you."

Jimin left out the party incident though, which was basically controlling how Jungkook has been acting and feeling even after so many years. Who can blame him though? The memory haunted the youngest of the group, without knowing the reason or who was behind it. Haunting him where ever he went, whatever he said, whatever he did, and whatever he felt. His thoughts took over his feelings, showing who was in charge of the game now.

As if on cue, Jungkook says, "It's still a little confusing."

He looked up to be met with the a surprised and shocked face of a black short haired girl, who was standing a few feet in front of the two boys.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overhear," Mina said, uneasily, trying to convince the boys she didn't mean to interrupt or listen in their private conversation. "I just wanted to get my water bottle."

She walked over and leaned over to grab her clear, refillable water bottle that was under the bench in the dark, cooling shade.

The older boy studied Mina, questioning if she happened to come by on purpose, but came to the conclusion she just walked in at the wrong time.

"No it's okay," Jungkook said, giving her small smile, not sure what her reaction indicated exactly, but wanting to reassure it was fine.

The short haired girl was about to open her mouth and say something, but shut her mouth quickly, walking back to the tropical waters of the lake.

Yoongi felt a buzz in the pockets of his shorts and took out his phone to reveal several text messages.

xXIreneeeXx: What are u guys doing rn
Answer me
now
min yoongi
yoongles
yoongs
suga
agustd
my god
pick up
spam
spam
spam
spam
spam
spam
spam
MIN YOONGI

InfiresMann1993: wot

xXIreneeeXx: finally
what are you guys doing

InfiresMann1993: chilling at the lake