𝟕.𝟎

𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒

taking a step up to him, I reached out to him and hugged him. "dad? wait what? mom said you were dead." he nodded his head and held his arms out for a hug. as I laid my head on his chest, I cried, "where have you been?" then I told him, "I thought you were dead."

"excuse me." he said taking a seat on the sofa. "I'm so sorry for taking so long." he said.

"where have you been?"

"i've been here ever since your mom left me. and didn't pay for my plane ticket." he said.

"you could've found a way back, but you didn't. I'm 16 now, do you realize how much of my life you missed out on?" I replied. "I'm sorry, I have no money. no job, nothing. i've been in and out of homeless shelters for years. i tried. i swear i did." he said.

"did you come here for money?" i questioned.

"no, not exactly. I heard you were in town. and I scrapped up some money and took the bus over here." he started.

"i knew it. mom was right! you don't care about me you just care about money. you don't care about anyone else but yourself. i thought you were dead for 7 years and you come back asking for money?!" i yelled.

"your mother said that to you?" he said, tears rolling down his cheek.

he was visibly hurt, but i don't know this man anymore. so i couldn't feel bad for him.

"yes. and clearly she was right." i replied, rolling my eyes.

"it's not true, your mother started withdrawing money from my bank account when you were born. then when you turned 9 she flew us out here. and left me for dead." he said. he pulled his wallet out and then pulled a little picture out.

the picture contained a little girl who was smiling brightly. "this is a picture of us when we got here. the last time i seen you."

"that's not true, i -" i said.

"it is, and I wouldn't lie about that. you don't have to believe me. i did not come here to corrupt your life. I'm going to head out now. i love seeing that you've become an amazing young lady. it was nice seeing you, ladybug." he said standing up off the couch, then opening the door and leaving.

i sat in the same spot for 15 minutes.

Kim came downstairs and sat on the floor in front of me.

"you okay?" she asked making me frown.

"i literally- i hate my mom." i said wiping my face with my shirt.

"well, are you gonna talk to her?" she asked me. "yeah, right now." i went into the kitchen and grabbed my phone off of the table. i called my repeatedly until the she answered. 

"hello? Lynn is everything okay?"

"mom! how could you lie to me for so many years! you told me that dad died!"

"he did honey-"

"he came to see me! you're such a fucking liar!"

"do not speak to me like that!"

"nah that's bullshit you stole money from him and left him in a different state! he's homeless, he has no money. and no one even knew he was alive! you left him for dead." i said hanging up the phone.

i sat on the kitchen floor and cried in Kim's arms for hours.

"i understand that you're sad, but you can't soak in your sorrows all day, it's almost 6 am." Kim said, rubbing my back.