"Okay baby." Amelia picked up her bag and strutted out of her kitchen.

Amelia pressed the intercom and the end of the hallway. "Sammie!! Eden! You boys better come down here and keep Clary busy!" Clary giggled at her display of authority.

"Coming mom!" Sam's muffled voice roared through the house.

"They'll be here in a minute. Have fun!" She blew a kiss at Clary and made her way to the garage where Barry was waiting.

*****

Clary took a deep breath, she needed it, the house was too stuffy.

Winter paid no mind to her as she continued to warp her icy hands around Clary. But even in the cold Clary felt better.

Her thoughts swirled around in her head like lava lamp. She fiddled with the bracelet on her hand. Picking each letter of her name and the different charms in between, Clary smiled.

A book for our study sessions.

A paint palate for your skill.

A sun for your Summer.

A tree for my name.

A piano for Ronnie.

A car for Sam.

Ever since Eden gave her the charm bracelet for Christmas she had never taken it off, except for the occasional showering. She smiled when she remembered how she sat down on her favorite couch as people drowned her in gifts.

Eden got her a custom made charm bracelet, which she wore immediately. Sam gave her a sleek black cane with a silver studded handle, saying something along the lines of letting her star shine.

Ronnie gave her a locket that contains a picture they took when Summer was still alive, at Mr Freeze. Jordan gave her a gift card to her favourite art supply shop, The Artsy Archive.

Cassie sent her tons of shirts that have inspiration quotes and scriptures written on them. Uncle Joe sent a new phone with an upgraded version of Arthur.

Her parents also gave her a new credit card and Barry gave her an IOU and a hug.

Truly it was a beautiful day for her. Although she felt bad that they gave her amazing gifts and she gave them common gifts like, scented candles, woolen scarfs, signed copies of favorite books, hand decorated mugs and a whole lot of trinkets. But they comforted her by singing praises for her presents. Maybe they were just being condescending. Nah, I don't think they would do that. Even though I'm blind, they didn't shower me with gifts because they pitied me, right?

Matt watched Clary as the breeze played with her dinner gown. He admired the way the dress hugged her figure and flayed out just below her knee, billowing out like flower petals. Indeed she looked breathtaking.

Walking closer to her, he felt every other thing disappear. It felt like it  just him and Clary in the garden.

His steps became more heavy. He wasn't able to get his Christmas present to Clary because it was still on its way. Now with the present wrapped with a big blue bow, he felt nervous. What if she is still angry with me. Everybody gave her presents except me. How can you say you love her Matthew, if you can't get her Christmas present on time!

He loosened his bow tie and held unto his gift. She didn't sound angry when you called her. You can do this, just give it to her, she'll appreciate it.

Matt cleared his already dried throat, wishing he took a bottle of water with him. "I knew I'd find you here. You're not enjoying the party?" Clary didn't look at him, she continued playing with the bracelet, looking lost in her thoughts. Maybe she's still mad at me.